The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi | LW

snizzle_

Wow this is much better than I expected!

I feel like this is another one of those deals where Calgary has the depth and can afford to trade the guy.

But damn, this is sort of like Boston giving up on Seguin. NOT saying he's like Seguin, just similar scenarios. If I'm Calgary I give him a 2-3 more years before jumping ship.

Therefore, I think Benning has just stolen a slick prospect!

Interested to find out who proposed the deal.

Still though, we're retooling on the fly, Calgary is adding to their prospect pool.

Win-win for both sides.

I'm guessing he goes to Utica? Is he on the Flames roster?

Calgarys reasoning for trading him, is that sven has stated he wouldn't resign with them after this year. So they wanted to get something for him Edited by Virtanen The Great

Calgarys reasoning for trading him, is that sven has started he wouldn't resign with them after this year. So they wanted to get something for him

yeah, he came right out and stated he won't resign with calgary. can't say i blame him after burkie's lambasting about him only paying well in one zone and such. guess he didn't have enough truculence for his liking.

So much for not trading draft picks, but I guess again, Benning is fast forwarding these picks into more ready players. He seems to be trending in the wrong direction though.

Benning said we would not part with draft picks for rental players, solid trade cant wait to see how he develops!

Straight from Calgary gms mouth. The second is from this year, saying they now have three seconds in a very deep draft. Per tsn on an interview, sucks I wanted that second bad. But oh well welcome to van sven!

Yeah, I heard that, they're in an enviable position with all those picks. Benning has just confirmed he was thinking short term with this trade, doesn't want to wait two or three years for a pick to develop.

Oh brother!

Good deal. Means we won't be getting a d man in the second unless we can knab a pick before the draft. Solid Gamble though. Confidence seems to be what he's lacking, but Green should help him with that, and then hopefully he is top6 for us in 2 years

Stoked about this! The more I ponder on it, the more I like it. SB's got serious NHL potential and is as of right now, our most NHL ready forward prospect (with a pretty high ceiling).

Edited by J.R.

Good deal. Means we won't be getting a d man in the second unless we can knab a pick before the draft. Solid Gamble though. Confidence seems to be what he's lacking, but Green should help him with that, and then hopefully he is top6 for us in 2 years

Benning stated in the press conference he planning to recoup picks in the summer.

Higgins, Lack/Markstrom, pick an RFA D-man etc...

Calgarys reasoning for trading him, is that sven has started he wouldn't resign with them after this year. So they wanted to get something for him

Wow.

In that case we had all the leverage.

Interesting to hear Calgary proposed the deal, I'm guessing he requested Vancouver.

This is too cool B)

Edit: Bennings the man.

Edited by Tystick

Wow.

In that case we had all the leverage.

Interesting to hear Calgary proposed the deal, I'm guessing he requested Vancouver.

This is too cool B)

Edit: Bennings the man.

Probably wanted to play under Travis Green again since he had so much success with him in the past

Edited by Gstank29
  • Upvote 1