The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi | LW

snizzle_

7 hours ago, chilliwiggins said:

Hmm.   was reading some journals on post concussion syndrome.   Yikes, there is a ton of symptoms.  Hopefully he is not on IR because of this, as that might spell the end of his career, as he is on the multiple concussion list with an extended term of symptoms already which puts him in a special category in their studies of head injury's.

WOW!!! He is on the MULTIPLE CONCUSSION LIST??!!! 

Where can I read that list? 

AND he is in a "special category"???   Good God...he is done for!!   :bigblush:

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Wat 4

Just now, Kanukfanatic said:

WOW!!! He is on the MULTIPLE CONCUSSION LIST??!!! 

Where can I read that list? 

AND he is in a "special category"???   Good God...he is done for!!   :bigblush:

WTF is wrong with you? Why are you making a joke out of this?

You should be put on the special category list to be purged in the toilet.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

WTF is wrong with you? Why are you making a joke out of this?

You should be put on the special category list to be purged in the toilet.

Settle down princess. :P

It is hilarious to watch people just making crap up and panicking based on their own made up theory of why he is out. 

• Wat 1

9 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

Wow, what a bunch of speculative crap. Does anyone really know what is going on with him? Maybe I should start some new speculative crap. He has Ebola. I heard it from my friend's sister's inlaw's hairdresser, so it must be true.

Hopefully they can trade him before that really sets in and causes his value to drop...

48 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Settle down princess. :P

It is hilarious to watch people just making crap up and panicking based on their own made up theory of why he is out. 

I understand what you're trying to do, but your execution is lousy at best. Don't be a stand-up comic; it's not in your forte.

The lack of news is a bit disturbing.  It wasn't too long ago when Rick Rypien needed a leave of absence from the team... and only way after the fact that the public was informed that he was dealing with severe bouts of depression.  

I have no idea what Baertschi is fighting through, but I certainly hope that the entire Canucks organization and the NHL is helping him along.  

It may be best for him to shut it down for the remainder of the year.  He is a young man starting a family and concussion symptoms can linger and recur.  Crosby has recovered but he took time when it was needed.  Better safe than sorry.  All the best Sven.

image.png.3a5e178bd301b588a4c650ceabb374ee.png

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

Strange that they 'fudged' the truth on this. Being concussion related seemed to be the logical cause. Why skirt around that fact ?

Because they allowed him to return before he was fully healed.  It's not a good look on them.

Edited by mll
  • Wat 2

5 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

Strange that they 'fudged' the truth on this. Being concussion related seemed to be the logical cause. Why skirt around that fact ?

To say that concussions are tricky is an understatement.  If a player tests fine and says he's fine, what can you do but play him?

This isn't a broken bone.  You can't give him an MRI and know that he's 100% recovered.  

Who is to say that the Canucks are being irresponsible with their players?   I just don't by it

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

10 minutes ago, mll said:

Because they allowed him to return before he was fully healed.  It's not a good look on them.

Here we go again with people questioning our medical staff, GM and coach again about an injury.  You guys have no idea what they have or haven't done with Sven on his concussion. Just shut it......

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Stelar said:

Here we go again with people questioning our medical staff, GM and coach again about an injury.  You guys have no idea what they have or haven't done with Sven on his concussion. Just shut it......

I can't speak for @mll, but I'm 100% over the top pro JB and everything Canuck. When I question something, it means a great deal of positivity has been passed by. You're not talking to one of CDC's negative ninjas. It takes a lot for me to be critical of anything Canuck related. So....no........I won't shut it !

3 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Actually post concussion issues can leave and come back. I speak from experience on the issue. 

It's likely the case nothing was missed and he felt fine then symptoms returned. 

During his concussion there were several articles from his country media.  They talked of him missing the worlds in Paris with a concussion.  That was the year of the McLeod hit.  

The McLeod hit was in February and he returned to play in March.  The Worlds were in May.  He missed the last 2 games of the season where the Canucks said it was a neck injury but they never talked of another concussion.  If that was PCS and not an undisclosed concussion - shouldn't the recovery time be extended this time around to avoid a repeat of PCS.

I don't think they revealed his 4th concussion though so maybe that neck injury was that 4th one.  Baer said he didn't know if the Hyka hit was his 4th or his 5th.

His 1st concussion was at the U20 when he was still in Portland.  His 2nd concussion was during the lockout year in Abbotsford.  Weisbrod was still in Calgary and called it a neck/whiplash injury.  It's Hartley several months after that revealed it was a concussion.  The McLeod hit was the 3rd.  Vancouver media is saying Hyka is the 5th, unless it's the 4th re Baer himself not knowing.

Edited by mll