The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi | LW

snizzle_

Horvat is heavy but he is not that physical as in hitting, which is what I think you meant by your rankings since you have Virtanen at #1. In that case, Bo is most definitely falls down on the rankings - he is physical in the sense that he will rub guys off the puck, but he doesn't hit as much as some of the other guys

Physicality:

• Virtanen
  • Cassels
  • Kenins
  • McCann
  • Horvat
Also, how come you include Vey at #6 in your overall ranking, but he somehow does not show up on your "offensive" ranking? If you consider him a prospect then he would definitely make the list

Offense:

• Baertschi
  • McCann
  • Virtanen
  • Vey
  • Horvat
Defense:
  • Horvat
  • McCann
  • Gaunce
  • Cassels
  • Jensen or Baertschi
Overall:
  • Horvat
  • McCann
  • Virtanen
  • Baertschi
  • Shinkaruk
  • Gaunce
  • Cassels
  • Vey
  • Jensen
  • Kenins
(forwards only)

Forgot vey. And i dont nessaserily mean just hitting when i say physicle

Baertschi was the second star of the night with an assist, I wish I could have watched it instead of just listening to the audio but it sounds like he played a pretty good game.

Man I'm confused. I heard 3rd star. You say 2nd star. The Comets' play-by-play Twitter account doesn't have him as a star at all.

Three Stars of the Game: 1. UTI - Sanguinetti 2. UTI - O'Reilly 3. RCH - Carrier #RCHvsUTI

• Upvote 1

Man I'm confused. I heard 3rd star. You say 2nd star. The Comets' play-by-play Twitter account doesn't have him as a star at all.

Yeah I'll admit I'm a little confused too, I was pretty sure it was a Rochester player 3rd star, Sven 2nd and then BoSang first star but I'm a little sleepy so I could have heard wrong but the Utica twitter makes it even weirder...

Yeah I'll admit I'm a little confused too, I was pretty sure it was a Rochester player 3rd star, Sven 2nd and then BoSang first star but I'm a little sleepy so I could have heard wrong but the Utica twitter makes it even weirder...

Yep, you're right. I think they had Carrier as third star.

it is true, however, waiver eligibility will be the final factor. If Shink and SB are equal, it will be shink going down, not SB

Yeah I'm not too worried about that. If shink comes out of the gate dominating that much that we consider waiving Sven, that's awesome. Means we've got another damn good kid coming in and exceeding expectations. I don't even think that would be the writing on the wall for Sven either. I could see us jetting out another vet before we waive a kid with so much promise.

This just buys us time with shink and gaunce. There's no need to rush them unless they're blowing us away. Even then we found a way to keep both Bo and vey this year. No reason we can't do it again.

Benning's a smart man, he's nine steps ahead of all of us. He probably weighed out every what if and how he'd solve it before he pulled the trigger on the trade. The only thing that can go wrong is Sven craps the bed completely and I think that's a long shot. He's already shown he can play in the nhl, just don't tell him to play 6 minutes of goon hockey and wonder why he's not doing it right.