The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi | LW

snizzle_

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

I'm guessing that a 5 out of 31, soon to be 32, team league NTC isn't particularly a hurdle. It still leaves 26, soon to be 27 teams to deal with.

Again.  Not the point.  
I know what the situation is.   
What I didn’t know is that Rous had a NTC. 
and that is stupid.   
Maybe would should give one to Stetcher?  Leivo seems like a nice guy.   NTC for him too.  

3 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Again.  Not the point.  
and that is stupid.   
Maybe would should give one to Stetcher?  Leivo seems like a nice guy.   NTC for him too.  

You keep saying NTC when in fact it is a L-NTC. At least try to by factual with your posts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Again.  Not the point.  
and that is stupid.   

Neither are highly sought after UFA's. You're being kind of ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, gurn said:

No reason required. And he will receive NHL money next year, so not quite done.

I didn't mean is it required I meant why is he not playing? I'm just curious. he was already on the way out as a borderline player even if he hangs on ala Ericksson.

11 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I didn't mean is it required I meant why is he not playing? I'm just curious. he was already on the way out as a borderline player even if he hangs on ala Ericksson.

I don't know why, nor does it matter. However. I'd guess there is no chance he would have played, if he had entered the bubble; so why leave the wife and kid(s)?

41 minutes ago, gurn said:

I don't know why, nor does it matter. However. I'd guess there is no chance he would have played, if he had entered the bubble; so why leave the wife and kid(s)?

blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

its a question maybe you cant understand. obviously asked twice still not answered so don't respond, aggravating

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Incorrect. Multiple suitors.

It is ridiculous to give a player like him any kind of ntc.    
High energy, lower skill guys are dime a dozen.    
He is over paid too.  
I like Roussel.  I really do, but his contract is garbage.   

4 hours ago, drummerboy said:

Hahaha.  What’s your point?   

Im saying it’s silly that a player of his...... caliber, got a NTC.   

KK I'll bite and put you out of your misery of not being answered.  I guess they really liked what they saw (and/ or were desperate for winger help for Bo).
Before Tanner Pearson, J.T. Miller or him (he did score 1/2 point per game in his season where he saw time with Bo), our left wings were

Daniel (40 points), an aging Thomas Vanek (that we traded for Jokinen and Motte), Baertschi (when he was doing well with Bo, but I digress on why they demoted him), a 10-goal, 23 point Loui Eriksson (*puke*), Leipsic (who showed flashes of potential), and even Reid Boucher saw time up with the big club (5 points in 20 games...).

Not exactly awe-inspiring, and so they probably felt the need to secure pieces and see where they fell into place instead of remaining scorched earth.
When you're that deprived it's not surprising that they had to over-protect some vets in order to secure their services, though it sucks that it's those same vets handcuffing us for cap space and it may cost us one of our brightest young stars.  Oh how the turntables.

Edited by Phil_314

2 hours ago, drummerboy said:

It is ridiculous to give a player like him any kind of ntc.    
High energy, lower skill guys are dime a dozen.    
He is over paid too.  
I like Roussel.  I really do, but his contract is garbage.   

He's a top of the league, 30 point, 3rd line pest. Not some 4th line 'energy, lower skill' scrub.

He was highly sought after for a reason and a limited, 5 team NTC is hardly cumbersome. Just like the people who whined about 'overpaying' Malhotra, you're talking out of your posterior.

His contract is by no means a bargain, but it is far from 'garbage'.

Edited by aGENT
  • Like 1

On 7/13/2020 at 12:57 PM, aGENT said:

He's a top of the league, 30 point, 3rd line pest. Not some 4th line 'energy, lower skill' scrub.

He was highly sought after for a reason and a limited, 5 team NTC is hardly cumbersome. Just like the people who whined about 'overpaying' Malhotra, you're talking out of your posterior.

His contract is by no means a bargain, but it is far from 'garbage'.

Loved Malholtra.  
Like I said, I like Roussel too.   I do believe his contract is Pooh, and there is no shortage of 3rd line energy guys.   

Edited by drummerboy

1 hour ago, Phil_314 said:

KK I'll bite and put you out of your misery of not being answered.  I guess they really liked what they saw (and/ or were desperate for winger help for Bo).
Before Tanner Pearson, J.T. Miller or him (he did score 1/2 point per game in his season where he saw time with Bo), our left wings were

Daniel (40 points), an aging Thomas Vanek (that we traded for Jokinen and Motte), Baertschi (when he was doing well with Bo, but I digress on why they demoted him), a 10-goal, 23 point Loui Eriksson (*puke*), Leipsic (who showed flashes of potential), and even Reid Boucher saw time up with the big club (5 points in 20 games...).

Not exactly awe-inspiring, and so they probably felt the need to secure pieces and see where they fell into place instead of remaining scorched earth.
When you're that deprived it's not surprising that they had to over-protect some vets in order to secure their services, though it sucks that it's those same vets handcuffing us for cap space and it may cost us one of our brightest young stars.  Oh how the turntables.

Yeah.  I know the history of how we got here, why he is here, etc.....   

If we wanted someone for the 2nd line with Bo, we really didn’t try hard enough.   
If the intention was a constant veteran and some sort of stability, again, could have done better.    He is fine, but all that he brings can be found for cheaper without annoying contracts.    
Sure, he only has 5 teams to say no to, but his price tag, along with his game he currently brings AND the ntc...... that’s a not very tradable player right there.   

20 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Loved Malholtra.  
Like I said, I like Rousseau too.   I do believe his contract is Pooh, and there is no shortage of 3rd line energy guys.   

Well, you'd be wrong then. Which is certainly your prerogative.

2 hours ago, drummerboy said:

Yeah.  I know the history of how we got here, why he is here, etc.....   

If we wanted someone for the 2nd line with Bo, we really didn’t try hard enough.   
If the intention was a constant veteran and some sort of stability, again, could have done better.    He is fine, but all that he brings can be found for cheaper without annoying contracts.    
Sure, he only has 5 teams to say no to, but his price tag, along with his game he currently brings AND the ntc...... that’s a not very tradable player right there.   

Curious, who would you have signed for the same amount of money under the same circumstances?  Keep in mind, players can decide where they want to go and the team needed to fill the vacuum of veterans and toughness.

J.V.R. signed for $7 mil/ per, heck even Ryan Reaves got $2.75 mil/ per and an old Vanek got $3 mil from Detroit (Bozak signed for $5 mil).  If Vlad Namestnikov got $4 mil and Tim Schaller got $1.9, maybe it's just a trend for that year that there were major overpayments being handed out like candy.  Unless you wanted a softy in Blake Comeau for $800k who doesn't bring nearly the same in actual play vs. shootouts, we might've been in tough to do any better.    

5 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Curious, who would you have signed for the same amount of money under the same circumstances?  Keep in mind, players can decide where they want to go and the team needed to fill the vacuum of veterans and toughness.

J.V.R. signed for $7 mil/ per, heck even Ryan Reaves got $2.75 mil/ per and an old Vanek got $3 mil from Detroit (Bozak signed for $5 mil).  If Vlad Namestnikov got $4 mil and Tim Schaller got $1.9, maybe it's just a trend for that year that there were major overpayments being handed out like candy.  Unless you wanted a softy in Blake Comeau for $800k who doesn't bring nearly the same in actual play vs. shootouts, we might've been in tough to do any better.    

Tim Shaller was a large overpayment as well.  
Personally, I wouldn’t have tried to hit two birds with one stone.   
2nd liner, and energy vet with toughness. That’s what they tried to get.  (I don’t think they fully believed he was a 2nd liner, just hoped he could fill it). 
His first year was ok.   This year was ruined by his injury, but even when he was playing, he was far from being a good tough checker with a bit of scoring touch.  
He was invisible.  

I can’t remember who was available that year, so I dunno who I’d get instead.  
I would have gone for someone tougher, then another player for the 2nd line.  
Not hope to get both in 1. 

44 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

This year was ruined by his injury, but even when he was playing, he was far from being a good tough checker with a bit of scoring touch.  
He was invisible.  

Takes a season to get completely over his surgery. This covid pause is probably going to help Roussell more than anyone  else on the team.

• Cheers 1