The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi | LW

snizzle_

5 hours ago, aGENT said:

Well, you'd be wrong then. Which is certainly your prerogative.

Giving a 3-4 liner who hadn’t even hit 30 points, a 4 year, 3 mill contract with a limited NTC is a good contract?  
Ok.   
I’m a JB fan.  And I like Rous.   But that is straight dog poo.  
Sure.   I’m wrong.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, drummerboy said:

Giving a 3-4 liner who hadn’t even hit 30 points, a 4 year, 3 mill contract with a limited NTC is a good contract?  
Ok.   
Sure.   I’m wrong.  

You'll note I never claimed it was a 'good' contract. It's certainly even slightly a 'players' contract. That's the name is the game with sought after UFA's. Particularly if your a mid rebuild team struggling to attract guys based on competitiveness.

What if most certainly is not is 'bad' or 'poo'.

So yes, you are wrong.

I agree with overpayment, but not crap. And not overpayment by much, either. Just based on this season, really.

Rouse had a bad season. Life was not kind to him. But last season he was a point every other game. Which is right around 2nd line level. For 3m? There isn't really much to complain about there.

I feel we will see him refreshed, and with even on the 3rd line I could see him play well in these playoffs. He's the kind of tenacious guy you need on a run.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

On 7/14/2020 at 4:56 AM, drummerboy said:

Ok.   
Sure.   I’m wrong.  

I'm sorry to be that guy, but you're cherry-picking stats. Sure, the guy had never hit 30 points as a 3rd line energy player. He hit 29 twice, and was on pace for 30+ more than just once (and that's not counting those 2 seasons at 29 points). You must be one of those people that consider Boeser is only a 20 g scorer and not 30 since he only scored 29 in 62 games and never really scored that last goal. Calling somebody a xx pt getter or xx goal scorer is a PROJECTION of the player over a full season. Roussel has been a 30 point projected player basically his entire career. Don't be shocked when he does it for us once again.

Edited by HorvatToBaertschi
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

I'm sorry to be that guy, but you're cherry-picking stats. Sure, the guy had never hit 30 points as a 3rd line energy player. He hit 29 twice, and was on pace for 30+ more than just once (and that's not counting those 2 seasons at 29 points). You must be one of those people that consider Boeser is only a 20 g scorer and not 30 since he only scored 29 in 62 games and never really scored that last goal. Calling somebody a xx pt getter or xx goal scorer is a PROJECTION of the player over a full season. Roussel has been a 30 point projected player basically his entire career. Don't be shocked when he does it for us once again.

Yes I am one of those guys.  
You need to hit 30 goals to be a 30 goal scorer.   That’s how math works.  
You can capitalize whatever words you want. It’s still wrong.   
Has Boeser scored 30 goals in a season?

No. 

So he isn’t a 30 goal scorer yet.  
you call it projection, I call it assumption. 

As for hitting 30 points again, our team has actual top 6 players now, so I kinda doubt it.    He didn’t do that playing his regular minutes.   He did that getting put on the 2nd line because our forward depth sucked.  

Edited by drummerboy

My guess is that they mutually terminate his deal this offseason.  He is only due 2.4, and know he will be buried in Utica.  He is better terminating the deal, signing a PTO deal with a team that he can crack the top 9.  I get the financial hit, but getting a shot to be back in the NHL and re build his career maybe the better long term option for him.

4 minutes ago, BCNate said:

My guess is that they mutually terminate his deal this offseason.  He is only due 2.4, and know he will be buried in Utica.  He is better terminating the deal, signing a PTO deal with a team that he can crack the top 9.  I get the financial hit, but getting a shot to be back in the NHL and re build his career maybe the better long term option for him.

No, bet they try that avenue with LouiE.

For Baer(& maybe a guy like Benn?) they'll pkg a few guys, including a decent prospect, to send to Det, NJ or Ottawa. Oodles of cap, & need some warm bodies.

7 minutes ago, BCNate said:

Ensuring the financial safety of his family is likely far more important.  Don't see him walking away from 2.4M and taking that risk.  

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, mll said:

Ensuring the financial safety of his family is likely far more important.  Don't see him walking away from 2.4M and taking that risk.  

$13.449 mill in career earnings, so far

https://www.capfriendly.com/career-earnings/sven-baertschi

however, I agree, he will likely play out this deal in Utica. After that I'd guess he lands a spot, somewhere for about $1 mil, probably a two way deal.

15 hours ago, drummerboy said:

Yes I am one of those guys.  
You need to hit 30 goals to be a 30 goal scorer.   That’s how math works.  
You can capitalize whatever words you want. It’s still wrong.   
Has Boeser scored 30 goals in a season?

No. 

So he isn’t a 30 goal scorer yet.  
you call it projection, I call it assumption. 

As for hitting 30 points again, our team has actual top 6 players now, so I kinda doubt it.    He didn’t do that playing his regular minutes.   He did that getting put on the 2nd line because our forward depth sucked.  

But he did it playing a bottom 6 role in Dallas playing with inferior players than Gaudette and Virtanen..

I'll just agree to disagree with you on what constitutes a 30 goal scorer. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

But he did it playing a bottom 6 role in Dallas playing with inferior players than Gaudette and Virtanen..

I'll just agree to disagree with you on what constitutes a 30 goal scorer. 

Has he scored 30 goals in a season yet?

17 hours ago, drummerboy said:

Has he scored 30 goals in a season yet?

See above post; cf "I'll just agree to disagree with you on what constitutes a 30 goal scorer." 

29 goals in 62 games. That's cherry-picking stats. Boeser has never spent 20 games without scoring a goal. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

See above post; cf "I'll just agree to disagree with you on what constitutes a 30 goal scorer." 

29 goals in 62 games. That's cherry-picking stats. Boeser has never spent 20 games without scoring a goal. 

No cherry picking at all. 
Im going by facts.     He is a 29 goal scorer.  
That’s like calling the canucks Stanley cup champs because we made it to game 7 of the finals.    Did we win?  No, but we were 1 away.  Close enough.   

• Wat 1

33 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

That’s like calling the canucks Stanley cup champs because we made it to game 7 of the finals.    Did we win?  No, but we were 1 away.  Close enough.   

No the difference is that the canucks played the game and lost. Boeser missed 20 games. 1 goal. 

Sounds more like somebody who borrowed 99 cents from someone, and when the guy asked for 1$ back, insisted on keeping that 0.01$. 

Edited by HorvatToBaertschi

1 hour ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

No the difference is that the canucks played the game and lost. Boeser missed 20 games. 1 goal. 

Sounds more like somebody who borrowed 99 cents from someone, and when the guy asked for 1$ back, insisted on keeping that 0.01$. 

Sounds like someone is assuming that 99cents equals 1$
Do you get 5 beer in a 6 pack?   Is a dozen 11 eggs?

Edited by drummerboy
  • Wat 1

4 hours ago, drummerboy said:

False equivalence, entirely different things - Canucks played all of the games, Boeser didn't get a chance to.  Doesn't invalidate your position, but it certainly doesn't prove it.

4 hours ago, drummerboy said:

I agree with you on almost all your posts.

But you are just being stubborn on this one lol.

• Haha 1