The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi | LW

snizzle_

Friends in Southern California who follow Vegas say that fans  chatter is all about Baertschi filling in for Tuch while the latter rehabs his shoulder. - maybe 3 months or so. If that happens, and Sven plays up to his potential, could mark a huge turning point in his career

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Friends in Southern California who follow Vegas say that fans  chatter is all about Baertschi filling in for Tuch while the latter rehabs his shoulder. - maybe 3 months or so. If that happens, and Sven plays up to his potential, could mark a huge turning point in his career

I wish him all the best of luck (so as it doesn't come at the expense of the Canucks :P).  He was given every chance to succeed here but things just didn't work out.  It happens.  Doesn't mean any one party did something wrong.

6 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I wish him all the best of luck (so as it doesn't come at the expense of the Canucks :P).  He was given every chance to succeed here but things just didn't work out.  It happens.  Doesn't mean any one party did something wrong.

Have you been on CDC long? 

• Haha 1

1yr 750 in NHL, 400k in AHL.  Similar to some of the depth guys we signed to play in Abbotsford. No risk for Vegas. Sets market value for Sven right now.

I don't know what happened to Baertschi here, why he got no more chances, but honestly his last couple chances he wasn't great.

His declining to be part of the bubble playoffs a season ago didn't help. Although Benning said he fully supported Sven's decision.  But the clincher came when Benning, in an interview, said that Sven had "looked tentative". In Utica, though, he didn't shy away from the hard areas and took (and gave) several hits to make plays.  Seems, like Crosby, to have weathered the concussion storm and put it behind him.

• 4 weeks later...

Baerschi had to look out for himself... if he threw himself into physical play, he was risking permanent brain damage.

He had to play a less physical style until he recovered... it takes a couple years.

That was what happened with Crosby.

As someone who suffered a couple of back to back concussions as a result of being taken out while riding a motorcycle, followed by being rear ended in a vehicle at a stop light, I can tell you it takes time... it was three years till I felt back to normal.

20 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Unless I am misreading, Baertschi is now being shown as part of Vegas's roster on their website.

I didn't see anything about him being waived or demoted to the AHL so it seems he made the team?

Sven was on their roster just after he signed.  It takes a bit of time to update the website ... we're still showing Bailey, Di Giuseppe, Hamonic etc on our roster 

1 hour ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Unless I am misreading, Baertschi is now being shown as part of Vegas's roster on their website.

I thought he was waived or demoted to the AHL?

The players put on waivers today are still eligible to play in game one of the regular season but anyone put on waivers tomorrow will not. The Canucks waived today may still be put on the main roster if no teams claim them. Same holds true for Baertchi.

Edited by 4petesake

7 hours ago, 4petesake said:

The players put on waivers today are still eligible to play in game one of the regular season but anyone put on waivers tomorrow will not. The Canucks waived today may still be put on the main roster if no teams claim them. Same holds true for Baertchi.

Juolevi won’t be on the roster, he’s been traded to Florida.