The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi | LW

snizzle_

It seems to me that every time Benning makes a move our team gets just a little bit better. He's not swinging for the fences, just tiny little improvements like Clendenning and now Baertschai.

I'm not a Gillis hater, but his trades often felt the exact opposite...that we were a little worse than we'd been prior to the trade.

And Nonis always just seemed like he was rummaging around in the bargain basement bin...using 4.5m to sign three spare parts rather than sign a quality FA.

It's an exciting time to be a Canucks fan.

Don't forget that Vey's AHL numbers are better than any of our other prospects.

I still think Sven has the highest ceiling and probably will have motivation and then some to prove he's a real good player. No body likes the fall from stardom, and I think he is one of the few who can actually get back to or even surpass where he was at earlier in his career.

I will get excited with Sven, once he averages 2 - 3 points a game in the AHL, or if he totally dominates with a average of 1.5 points per game and dominates zone time along with +/-. Look! At the age Sven is he needs to be much better then AHL players if he is really going to be a complete player in the NHL.

Edited by desiboynux4lifee*******

I will get excited with Sven, once he averages 2 - 3 points a game in the AHL, or if he totally dominates with a average of 1.5 points per game and dominates zone time along with +/-. Look! At the age Sven is he needs to be much better then AHL players if he is really going to be a complete player in the NHL.

uh no player in the league is even close to 2ppg, teemu pullkinen is the top scorer at 1.3ppg.

ryan johansen was under a ppg at 21 in the ahl. Taylor hall during the lockout was @ 1.3ppg

the ahl is not some scrub league you go too and dominate.

• Upvote 1

Who score 2-3 points a game in the A ?

Mcdavid has 2-3 in the O

Credibility. Gone

Baertschi's 3 assists with the Comets are all first-assists. Playmaker.

Not at all sir, Sven needs to be way better then just averaging a point per game.

"Needs to be"? That's pure conjecture. You have not shown any evidence for 22 year old players needing to "at least" be 1.5 PPG players at the AHL level to be impact players in the NHL, let alone 2-3 PPG.