The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi | LW

snizzle_

They didn't give up on him, they had better prospects and he fell down the depth chart. Kind of funny when you think that we picked this kid up from them and he's already our second best prospect.

I'm not extremely familiar with who CGY has in the system, but couldn't Baertschi contend for the second line LW position? Sure Gaudreau is having a good year, but who knows if he can do that every year.

I think it's a combination of Beartschi getting frustrated in CGY and CGY kind of losing faith in him.

Yeah and the guy who replaced him is Gaudreau....

Not sure if that was a shot at Gaudreau or what lol

I'm not extremely familiar with who CGY has in the system, but couldn't Baertschi contend for the second line LW position? Sure Gaudreau is having a good year, but who knows if he can do that every year.

I think it's a combination of Beartschi getting frustrated in CGY and CGY kind of losing faith in him.

Definitely a little bit of both, but probably leaning towards Baertschi. He was a top 15 pick and has the talent to be a top six forward. I think he realized once Gaudreau came into the equation he wasn't going to get that opportunity.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/10/08/calgary-flames-prospect-sven-baertschi-refutes-his-fathers-words

I'm sure Baertschi wasn't a bad option for Calgary, he just isn't as good as Gaudreau. So easy decision for Flames brass, and Baertschi doesn't play a style suited for bottom six minutes.

Edited by Mathew Barzal

He wasn't happy in Calgary/Adirondack so he wasnt going to re-sign with them in hopes that another NHL team would give him a fresh start. Benning pounced on the opportunity realizing he had the potential and just needed to reset his emotions. Now that he is happy playing again, he'll produce, now has 4 pts in 3 gp. Mental side of the game is huge for young guys. Usually breaks alot of young players. You dont have a very large window to put everything together with NHL management.

Not sure if that was a shot at Gaudreau or what lol

Definitely a little bit of both, but probably leaning towards Baertschi. He was a top 15 pick and has the talent to be a top six forward. I think he realized once Gaudreau came into the equation he wasn't going to get that opportunity.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/10/08/calgary-flames-prospect-sven-baertschi-refutes-his-fathers-words

I'm sure Baertschi wasn't a bad option for Calgary, he just isn't as good as Gaudreau. So easy decision for Flames brass, and Baertschi doesn't play a style suited for bottom six minutes.

Haha no Gaudreau is sick. Like you said they probably didn't want 2 small soft skilled players in their top 6, especially in the west. Burke loves his truculence.

The way I see it.. Bärtschi is basically our Nylander. Edit: but I prefer Bärtschi anyway since he plays less of the perimeter game and actually goes to the net hard.

This is a good slideshow of pics and vids from Bärtschi's youth up until now.

Rapid fire interview

Edited by Webster6

via uticacomets.com

The Toronto Marlies finished off a three-in-three as they slipped by the Utica Comets 2-1 Sunday afternoon at the Ricoh Coliseum.

Sven Baertschi (1-0-1) scored for the first time as a member of the Comets, and has now collected four points in the three games he has played since being traded to Utica.

Baertschi, man this kids a stud! Congrats on his first goal today :)

• Upvote 1