The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi | LW

snizzle_

Virtanen was never going to be a regular next season with the main team... Just because he's fast and can hit doesn't make him NHL ready...

Lots are speculating he will make the team since his body is NHL ready. He might need next level training and competition at this point.

Plus Benning in his trade deadline interview said Virtanen would be on the team or something to that effect.

My Lineup for next year:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Mathias-Bonino-Vrbata

Baertschi-Horvat-Burrows

Hansen-Gaunce-Dorsett

Jensen

Call Up: Kenins due to waiver eligibility

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Sbisa

Stanton-Bieksa

Clendening, Corrado

Miller

Markstrom/Lack

Trade Higgins, let Richardson walk. Or let Richardson and Dorsett walk and replace Dorsett with Higgins in the lineup.

Dorsett should be back on the team next year. Guys is a true leader and is a good example for the young guys.

• Upvote 2

Lots are speculating he will make the team since his body is NHL ready. He might need next level training and competition at this point.

Plus Benning in his trade deadline interview said Virtanen would be on the team or something to that effect.

He said he'd be exciting to watch next year.

He didn't say where.

I took it to mean at training camp. Nothing more.

Yes, that's much more important than him actually playing in a playoff race in the AHL.

Yes I think it is also important that he familiarize himself with the Canucks in case he happens to be needed in the future. Note the part where I said EVEN if its just for a couple practices of course it would be great to get him in a game. It's not like Utica will be bleeding for him if he misses a regular season game for them, to get some reps in the bigs. No harm and it might even spark the kid even more to impress.

Yes I think it is also important that he familiarize himself with the Canucks in case he happens to be needed in the future. Note the part where I said EVEN if its just for a couple practices of course it would be great to get him in a game. It's not like Utica will be bleeding for him if he misses a regular season game for them, to get some reps in the bigs. No harm and it might even spark the kid even more to impress.

That's what Calgary was doing to him and it destroyed his confidence.

If we call him up the same thing is going to happen.

Let him grow in the AHL.

That's what Calgary was doing to him and it destroyed his confidence.

If we call him up the same thing is going to happen.

Let him grow in the AHL.

So what I'm hearing is that everyone thinks it would really be better for him not to be called up at all. If he happens to be needed in the bigs due to injuries in the playoffs it would really be best if had not met any of the players or had a practice beforehand. That would be best for his confidence.

So what I'm hearing is that everyone thinks it would really be better for him not to be called up at all. If he happens to be needed in the bigs due to injuries in the playoffs it would really be best if had not met any of the players or had a practice beforehand. That would be best for his confidence.

Even he has to come in during the playoffs he's still going to get a practice and time to meet everyone.

Do you think he's just going to get a call and instantly be in a playoff game that minute or something?

Now I'm also an advocate of letting Baertschi styaing down in the AHL, but imagine if we really did play Calgary in the playoffs and Sven gets called up to score a game willing goal? Or better yet, the game winning series?

Wouldn't that be something?

Now I'm also an advocate of letting Baertschi styaing down in the AHL, but imagine if we really did play Calgary in the playoffs and Sven gets called up to score a game willing goal? Or better yet, the game winning series?

If we do face them in the playoffs and get into injury trouble on the left side, he might be a pretty good option to put in. Guy would have something to prove against them and play harder than anyone in the series(other than Bo of course, cus Bo knows).

obviously it would. Let's not get too ahead of ourselves here boys

If we lose one of the Sedins or Vrbata, I think we gotta call him up.

If we lose Henrik, I hope we can call up McCann.

If we lose Daniel/Vrbata I would go with Sven. If we lose both than with Sven and Jensen.

Lineup without all 3:

Mathias-Bonino-Kassian

Sven-Horvat-Burrows

Higgins-Vey-Hansen

Kenins-Richardson-Dorsett

Jensen.

a.k.a. a catastrophe.

Edit:Forgot about Higgins and Jensen.

Edited by 87Crosby