The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi | LW

snizzle_

So? lol

It doesn't change who actually traded him away. Influenced by management or not, Treliving was the one who pulled the trigger.

Could just be a case similar to Kesler and the way Benning handled it. If a guy doesn't want to be a part of the org, then you move em.

Does anybody else absolutely hate Brian Burke? I know he did some good things for our organization but IMO he's the most pompous a*shole on the planet. All those things he said about Bobby Ryan and Keith Yandle when he cut them from Team USA last year...

I find him very overrated as an NHL executive. He handcuffed Nonis with all his moves in Toronto and now Nonis is taking the flack (though Nonis did sign some of those contracts).

nonis signed every dumbass contract on the leafs

clarkson to infinity and beyond

kessel to infinity

phaneuf to infinity

bought out grabovski, let macarthur walk for only 3.5m.

I love when people call Sven , Shinkaruk , Cassels undersized . They are 5'11" ... Not 5'5" .

You know who else is 5'11".... ?

Giroux ... Crosby ... Mackinnon ... Hasn't stopped them at all .

MacDavid is a generous 6 feet but closer to 5 foot 11.5 inches.

Midgets the lot of em

If we miss the playoffs and win the lotto we cannot draft MacD. Gotta get Strome instead. 2 and 3/4 inches is all the difference

I'm not extremely familiar with who CGY has in the system, but couldn't Baertschi contend for the second line LW position?

Sure, but it wasn't the easiest path for Sven.

Lance Bouma took hold of the spot on January 15th and has basically been a prototype power forward. His goal scoring exploded on the 2nd line with Backlund to a 20 goal pace since that date, and he brings all those intangibles that win games and get you a big +/-.

Mason Raymond is a veteran and has the other LW spot and Sven didn't show enough to really "prove" he deserved it more though he probably should have been given it (but Calgary's motto is "Earned never Given).

Jiri Hudler is basically a LW playing RW.

Poirier is a winger who made the AHL All star game as a 20 year old, something Sven never pulled off, and he brings a lot more dimensions than just skill.

Granlund was drafted together with Sven and has basically been a very similar Sniper/Puckhandler player who can shift between LW and Center.

Then Calgary's got Klimchuk coming in next year who will probably make an argument for that 2/3LW himself.

Probably for Sven's sake, Colborne decided to play RW when asked what wing he'd like to play by Hartley.

Edited by OvermanKingGainer

MacDavid is a generous 6 feet but closer to 5 foot 11.5 inches.

Midgets the lot of em

If we miss the playoffs and win the lotto we cannot draft MacD. Gotta get Strome instead. 2 and 3/4 inches is all the difference

Mcdavid is listed at 6'1"

Mcdavid is listed at 6'1"

Linden Vey's listed at 6'0 189.

There's no chance he's > 5'11, 180 pounds.

Edit: Just for arguement sake. Can't always go by what HockeyDB or the OHL lists him as. We'll know for sure once we get to the combine.

Edited by HowYaDrouin

Linden Vey's listed at 6'0 189.

There's no chance he's > 5'11, 180 pounds.

Edit: Just for arguement sake. Can't always go by what HockeyDB or the OHL lists him as. We'll know for sure once we get to the combine.

Hockey Canada has him 6' so who knows...

(Mcdavid)

Edited by Canorth

Tough end to the game, Acton and Baertschi are in on a 2 on 1 in OT, Acton passes to Baertschi, he slows up and finds the trailer Biega who wires it off the goalies pads. Chicago then comes down the ice and scores on the resulting 3 on 1.

https://gfycat.com/GiganticFarflungAztecant (Comets chance)

https://gfycat.com/FirmDistantArmedcrab (Wolves winner)

Edited by HowYaDrouin

I liked that Pass from Baertschi. Trailer had the best chance to score, but Biegas gotta put it up staires so that it's either in the net or over the glass. Too many guys committed deep to go for the low shot with potential rebound in my opinion.

Man, Biega's gotta snipe that.

The worst play he can make there is a shot at the goalies pads, especially when all 3 players are that deep. Guess where the puck is going when he stops it? Right back to the Wolves players coming back.

Good set up by Baertschi. Horrible shot selection from Biega.

• Upvote 2

I liked that Pass from Baertschi. Trailer had the best chance to score, but Biegas gotta put it up staires so that it's either in the net or over the glass. Too many guys committed deep to go for the low shot with potential rebound in my opinion.

Man, Biega's gotta snipe that.

The worst play he can make there is a shot at the goalies pads, especially when all 3 players are that deep. Guess where the puck is going when he stops it? Right back to the Wolves players coming back.

Good set up by Baertschi. Horrible shot selection from Biega.

It's uncanny how we pretty much just said the same thing.