The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi | LW

snizzle_

Didn't like the trade at first glance but really warming up to it and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited to see Baertschi suit up for the Canucks. Hopefully Baertschi can keep up the torrid pace ( 5 pts in 4 games) he is going at and prove naysayers wrong, Burke inclusive.

Hey Jeff you listening? Baertschi might have gotten complacent after Treliving handed him a roster spot, but this time around, he realizes he needs to battle night in, night out to stay in the NHL. Major props to GMJB for a calculated risk.

Man, Biega's gotta snipe that.

The worst play he can make there is a shot at the goalies pads, especially when all 3 players are that deep. Guess where the puck is going when he stops it? Right back to the Wolves players coming back.

Good set up by Baertschi. Horrible shot selection from Biega.

That was a pretty hard shot by Biega and a pretty sweet save by the Wolves goalie though. That finds the back of the net more often than not.

Edited by stawns

Guest Dasein

I liked that Pass from Baertschi. Trailer had the best chance to score, but Biegas gotta put it up staires so that it's either in the net or over the glass. Too many guys committed deep to go for the low shot with potential rebound in my opinion.

Yeah, but I would have liked to see him sell the shot more before he passed

The goalie could read that pass so easily and was set up pretty well for Biega's shot

Biega's gotta raise the puck though for sure

Biega should have scored. Either way, whether it was the one-timer or settling it and going high glove, that puck's gotta be going in the back of the net. If he went high glove and missed the net, that's just as bad as a rebound off the pad as it is surely to rim around the boards for an odd man rush the other way.

Pass from Acton was a little late, kind of handcuffed Baertschi a bit.

Does anyone know how many scoring chances Sven has created or been a part of since joining the comets? I have to think it has been 3 or more per game no?

Also what is his speed like? Is he the fastest skater on the comets, or does he just have very good acceleration?

Does anyone know how many scoring chances Sven has created or been a part of since joining the comets? I have to think it has been 3 or more per game no?

Also what is his speed like? Is he the fastest skater on the comets, or does he just have very good acceleration?

Reading on HF they said he's been driving the Comet's offense every game, so probably a lot...

Most of them think Calgary is going to really regret this trade.

Newly-acquired Sven Baertschi (9-21-30) continued his hot-streak by assisting on Alexandre Grenier's (12-19-31) goal to give Baertschi his 6th point in 5 games dawning the blue and green. The game remained scoreless until 5:25 into the 3rd period when Cal O'Reilly (7-32-42) dumped the puck into the Wolves zone and Baertschi layed a solid body check on the Chicago defenseman that allowed the puck to ring around the boards to an alert Grenier. Grenier promptly threw the puck on net from the right side of the boards catching Wolves' goaltender Matt Climie off guard.

Baertschi has now tallied 5 points (1-4-5) in his first 5 games dawning the blue and green colours; Baertschi has been on the ice for six of the seven Comets goals they've scored since he was acquired from Calgary. Dating back to his final two games with the Adirondack Flames, Baertschi is currently riding a six-game point point streak in which he's registered 8 points (1-7-8). The former first round draft pick has 13 points (3-10-13) in his previous 12 AHL games

http://www.nucksmisconduct.com/2015/3/12/8199019/comets-fall-2-1-to-wolves-baertschi-keeps-rolling.

I can! Him being called up likely means an injury to a top 6 player :shock:

You know what I mean haha. I wanna see more of him live. And him in our top 6 would prob be more productive than say Higgins or burrows in the top 6. No room for him though, and I'm def okay with leaving him down in Utica for the rest of the year and playoffs to dominate and gain some of that confidence that Calgary derailed back to where it should be. Guys a stud

Word is he is pretty decent on the d-side as well as the ozone. That definitely brings Higgins future into question. I do expect JB will move Higgins by the Draft. It is also why I do not expect Hanson to be moved. His PK ability, scoring and speed + physicality will keep him in Van. SB has the potential to anchor a top 6 line.