The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi | LW

snizzle_

Even if the Comets are still playing he will probably earn a call up when we need a goal scored.

If we are down 2 or 3 games and haven't scored much Sven will be called up if he is still going strong, point a game or so...

I'd challenge that assumption. He'd have to be doing amazing things to think he could be a call up here and fix any offensive problems we might have.

So long as Utica is doing well in the playoffs he'll likely stay in the AHL. Maybe we see a small call up as an injury replacement during the tail end of the regular season but that's about it.

that's only until the end of the regular season, in the playoffs there are unlimited call-ups and roster sizes. that said, the canucks are not going to drain the comets of talent if they are currently going on their cup run just to have them around and not play them during our cup run. they will only be recalled if we are going to play them.

Thanks for clarifying.

I'd challenge that assumption. He'd have to be doing amazing things to think he could be a call up here and fix any offensive problems we might have.

So long as Utica is doing well in the playoffs he'll likely stay in the AHL. Maybe we see a small call up as an injury replacement during the tail end of the regular season but that's about it.

agreed and I think JB knows the value of playoff experience at the AHL level translating to the NHL. I'm sure he wants those young guys to experience a long playoff run

IMHO that's the future of Bancks.

If he even has a role at all.

Typical AHL depth that will be pushed out under proper management.

Agreed. He's actually been decent this year but baertschi is clearly a better use of a roster spot.

Agreed. He's actually been decent this year but baertschi is clearly a better use of a roster spot.

As is Cole Cassels.

The guy that will steal his spot next year, if not a new signing.

There is a place for having AHL players that will never play for your team but not if you can fill the team with hopefuls.

Bancks is a typical AHL depth filler to supply a need. If we need team toughness it can be found with a better package.

Edited by theminister

Who lost their roster spots when Sven and Conacher are inserted into the Comets lineup?

On the PP first unit Baertschi replaced Friesen which was a big upgrade. Overall Jensen was pushed further down in the lineup. Green constantly changes the line combinations so it is almost impossible to point out a specific line combination that anyone is playing on.

With the addition of Baertschi the Comets currently have on extra healthy forward and it looks like Green is going to rotate who he gives a rest. In the past five games the scratch has been in this order - Bancks - Jensen - Shinkaruk - Archibald - Bancks. The Comets are playing a 3 in 3 this weekend so I would expect a similar rotation to be used to keep legs fresh.

• Upvote 1