The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi | LW

snizzle_

Scorers mindset, I think there is a fine line to successful scoring in todays NHL and I think Bear has that mental toughness to get there at critical moments. He seems very opportunistic when he gets a scoring chance, like you know he's going to make something happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Hearing that #Canucks forward Sven Baertschi will not accept his qualifying offer. Hearing Baertschi wants a 1 way contract.

Agent Andre Rufener says he is positive something will get done soon. The #Canucks still retain Baertschi's rights but just need a contract.

Cmon I know he had a good latter half of the season in the AHL but does that really warrant a 1 way contract yet? To me he still needs to prove he can produce in the NHL consistently before he gets a 1 way.

Clenny and Frankie accepted a 2 way in expectation they would earn themselves a 1 way after this season. I think Sven needs to prove the same

NEWS 1130 Sports@NEWS1130Sports 2h2 hours ago

Hearing that #Canucks forward Sven Baertschi will not accept his qualifying offer. Hearing Baertschi wants a 1 way contract.

NEWS 1130 Sports@NEWS1130Sports 2h2 hours ago

Agent Andre Rufener says he is positive something will get done soon. The #Canucks still retain Baertschi's rights but just need a contract.

Cmon I know he had a good latter half of the season in the AHL but does that really warrant a 1 way contract yet? To me he still needs to prove he can produce in the NHL consistently before he gets a 1 way.

Clenny and Frankie accepted a 2 way in expectation they would earn themselves a 1 way after this season. I think Sven needs to prove the same

Honestly though, what does it matter? I believe he will stay up with the team for the full year, so from that perspective, this is moot. And if not, he gets paid a bit more for his AHL games. That doesn't bother me one bit.

Perhaps you're worried about the precedent it might set? Even then, I'll let the GM worry about that. Some players have more leverage than others and I think it's reasonable for Baertschi to push for the best deal he can get.

Honestly though, what does it matter? I believe he will stay up with the team for the full year, so from that perspective, this is moot. And if not, he gets paid a bit more for his AHL games. That doesn't bother me one bit.

Perhaps you're worried about the precedent it might set? Even then, I'll let the GM worry about that. Some players have more leverage than others and I think it's reasonable for Baertschi to push for the best deal he can get.

One of the issues in Calgary was attitude. Not surprised to see some push from Sven B and probably a

good idea for him as it guarantees time to establish himself.

Hope he works out but I am not holding my breath. He is not a top prospect contrary to popular CDC

thought. I would have preferred the pick in the draft.

If everyone is pencilling in their 2nd lines, then of course he's worthy of a one-way deal. Right?

Why does it matter. One way just gaurentees the amount of money he makes next year. It has nothing to do with him playing in NHL vs ahl. He'd still have to clear waivers if we try to send him down.

Grenier got a one way, why shouldn't Sven?

No brainer.

• Upvote 1