The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi | LW

snizzle_

Grenier got a one way, why shouldn't Sven?

No brainer.

A little bit of fact checking will do you good. But I agree, it's a no brainer to get Sven signed to a one way deal. One year one way for $700K. That would be a fair deal for both sides.

Edited by HK Phooey
  • Upvote 1

Sven is waiver eligible anyways, I think it's a huge waste of time if a 1-way vs a 2-way is REALLY holding the signing up. A rumor came out not too long ago saying that the holdup is with cap issues. Although it's just a rumor, it's one that makes the most sense to me at this point.

A little bit of fact checking will do you good. But I agree, it's a no brainer to get Sven signed to a one way deal. One year one way for $700K. That would be a fair deal for both sides.

Speaking of fact checking, $700K is far less than his qualifying offer. Why would he accept that deal?

This is taking an unusual amount of time. Who thought Sven would be the last guy re-signed?

I'm assuming there is a few reasons behind it. He has a handful of NHL experience and has done both good and bad with it and he is NHL bound or waivers so he probably wants a bit of term and 1way.

This is taking an unusual amount of time. Who thought Sven would be the last guy re-signed?

Like it's been mentioned before, I'm sure it's just to sort out the cap issues. We don't have much space left after we get Sven signed so I'm sure management is just trying to figure out a way to free up some space so we have more cap flexibility. If this means a trade is coming, I'll be ecstatic as long as the returns are better than the last couple.

Be patient, Sven will be signed don't worry! ::D

Like it's been mentioned before, I'm sure it's just to sort out the cap issues. We don't have much space left after we get Sven signed so I'm sure management is just trying to figure out a way to free up some space so we have more cap flexibility. If this means a trade is coming, I'll be ecstatic as long as the returns are better than the last couple.

Be patient, Sven will be signed don't worry! ::D

I wouldn't worry too much about the return of future trades being worst than the previous few. I don't even think that's possible to be honest.
  • Upvote 1