The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

If you believe Sestito will be on the team come October. I don't see him being here personally.

I also don't see them having Hansen as a 4th liner making 2.5 mil.

Right now we have too many wingers, so somethings gotta give. If Horvat isn't ready to take on center duties, he needs another year in junior IMO. You don't draft one of the best two way centers from junior, then make him play wing.

Sestito plays in what has been referred to as the Big Boys league.....did you notice BB in Calgary loading up in tough guys... You need some one, you might not play him everynight... as to Hansen I agree he seems like a prime candidate to move...but if they were, why wouldn't they have done it rather than let his NTC kick in make things more difficult. Here's the answer teams are not fawning over Hansen...easy to say trade him ...a lot more difficult to do.

I watched Horvat in the play-offs and the WJC...I needed his number to find him, as much as there's all this talk about him being up in Vcr next season I'm no longer convinced, like I once was. If he's in Vcr next season I just hope it's by merit.

Sestito plays in what has been referred to as the Big Boys league.....did you notice BB in Calgary loading up in tough guys... You need some one, you might not play him everynight... as to Hansen I agree he seems like a prime candidate to move...but if they were, why wouldn't they have done it rather than let his NTC kick in make things more difficult. Here's the answer teams are not fawning over Hansen...easy to say trade him ...a lot more difficult to do.

I watched Horvat in the play-offs and the WJC...I needed his number to find him, as much as there's all this talk about him being up in Vcr next season I'm no longer convinced, like I once was. If he's in Vcr next season I just hope it's by merit.

really because I watched horvat from behind the glass in windsor for 2 games in the playoffs. Had no trouble finding him. He was very very good in that series.

really because I watched horvat from behind the glass in windsor for 2 games in the playoffs. Had no trouble finding him. He was very very good in that series.

Good, call it the way you see it. IMO I suspect his star is not what it was and I have this thought building for some time, Horvat's stock is falling. To give up a starting goalie the envy of many teams in the NHL and end up with Horvat who is now talked about as a second line centre is looking more and more doubtful...that's the way I see it. You have a kid like Horvat after what you gave up for him he should be a stand out.....IMO

Edited by Fred65

Bo Horvat, Miles Liberati, Spencer Humphries, and Thatcher Demko drill at Canucks Prospects Camp 2014.

Of the three camp clips I've seen,(Horvat, Gaunce, McCann) I've been most impressed with mcann. Horvat looked a little disinterested in comparison to Gaunce and McCann, which is a little concerning, because this is how I thought he looked at WJCs and last years camp.

I don't know, you would think these kids would exude hunger and enthusiasm at this stage.

Of the three camp clips I've seen,(Horvat, Gaunce, McCann) I've been most impressed with mcann. Horvat looked a little disinterested in comparison to Gaunce and McCann, which is a little concerning, because this is how I thought he looked at WJCs and last years camp.

I don't know, you would think these kids would exude hunger and enthusiasm at this stage.

It's their first practice. I think you're overreacting.

Let him show what he's got when it counts, not in warm up.

Funny...the guy in the prospect camp thread, who actually watched all of the drills today, thought Horvat was a step ahead of everyone. He was disappointed in McCann; said he seemed 'passive and overly cautious'. He didn't see much of Gaunce, but thought his skating had improved as well.

I wouldn't put much weight behind a 20 sec clip.

Funny...the guy in the prospect camp thread, who actually watched all of the drills today, thought Horvat was a step ahead of everyone. He was disappointed in McCann; said he seemed 'passive and overly cautious'. He didn't see much of Gaunce, but thought his skating had improved as well.

Gallagher has mentioned a thousand times Horvat could have and should have been on the team last year.

I think he's really disappointed with himself not making the team when a lot of other similiar players made the jump and had 50 point season (Nishckunin, and Monahan)

What if he was chirped by stuff like that, people saying the Canucks made the total wrong pick while he was playing in Jnr last year. I think he cared a lot and is mad he was still in Jnr.

Just because he shows no energy doesn't mean he isn't disinterested. I just think the kid is ready to turn on the jets in TC and absolutely steal a spot on this team with no doubt being left he is NHL ready.

If not then maybe his gf cheated on him or something/

edit: and on 2nd glimpse Demko looks freaking huge, and unstoppable.

Edited by smokejump

Gallagher has mentioned a thousand times Horvat could have and should have been on the team last year.

I think he's really disappointed with himself not making the team when a lot of other similiar players made the jump and had 50 point season (Nishckunin, and Monahan)

What if he was chirped by stuff like that, people saying the Canucks made the total wrong pick while he was playing in Jnr last year. I think he cared a lot and is mad he was still in Jnr.

Just because he shows no energy doesn't mean he isn't disinterested. I just think the kid is ready to turn on the jets in TC and absolutely steal a spot on this team with no doubt being left he is NHL ready.

If not then maybe his gf cheated on him or something/

edit: and on 2nd glimpse Demko looks freaking huge, and unstoppable.

I don't know where you're getting your stats from but Monahan and Nichuskin had 34 pts respectively. Monahan was projected better than horvat and Nichuskin played with Benn and Seguin for large portions of the year and only managed 34 pts. I think leaving him in junior was 100% the right choice and I strongly believe he will be there again if and after he gets the 9 game trial period.

If you believe Sestito will be on the team come October. I don't see him being here personally.

I also don't see them having Hansen as a 4th liner making 2.5 mil.

Right now we have too many wingers, so somethings gotta give. If Horvat isn't ready to take on center duties, he needs another year in junior IMO. You don't draft one of the best two way centers from junior, then make him play wing.

Nathan MacKinnon played a bunch of wing last year.

I don't tend to overreact, and it is probably quiet true that I am basing my opinion on a fraction of a snapshot. However, where Horvat is concerned I was taking into consideration what I saw of him in last years training camp and WJCs. I would love nothing more than to have him earn a spot on this team and force Benning to make a trade to open a spot. I just hope that come this training camp I see a player that is hungry and determined to win a spot.

Good to know! Thanks for that.

Nice to know I'm not the only one that can see the Horvat predicament. As much as fans "want" Horvat to make it, the club has to make a judgement call....right now he has to eliminate a vet. That's just the way Benning has made this roster

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hockey/canucks-hockey/Kuzma+Horvat+knows+Canucks+junior/10009237/story.html

Kuzma is not given to rash articles