The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Nice to know I'm not the only one that can see the Horvat predicament. As much as fans "want" Horvat to make it, the club has to make a judgement call....right now he has to eliminate a vet. That's just the way Benning has made this roster

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hockey/canucks-hockey/Kuzma+Horvat+knows+Canucks+junior/10009237/story.html

Kuzma is not given to rash articles

ya im good with that. As long as he has a fair opportunity to earn a roster spot over a vet.

Woah, Bo's up to 220 lbs, but is looking to get down to 215 by main camp.

Maybe that's why he looked a little slower when I watched him in the memorial cup.

Yea, 210-215 is probably the right weight for his height.

Sestito plays in what has been referred to as the Big Boys league.....did you notice BB in Calgary loading up in tough guys... You need some one, you might not play him everynight... as to Hansen I agree he seems like a prime candidate to move...but if they were, why wouldn't they have done it rather than let his NTC kick in make things more difficult. Here's the answer teams are not fawning over Hansen...easy to say trade him ...a lot more difficult to do.

I watched Horvat in the play-offs and the WJC...I needed his number to find him, as much as there's all this talk about him being up in Vcr next season I'm no longer convinced, like I once was. If he's in Vcr next season I just hope it's by merit.

Maybe you need to grow your alligator arms a little and spend some money on a larger flat screen TV. That's unless you jumped on a plane and flew to Malmo and to London to watch the games upfront and personal. In that case, maybe you need stronger prescription glasses. Though I agree Horvat didn't do anything to really wow anyone, he's still a legit NHL prospect.

And you really think that Sestito, the human punching bag, is able to provide the team with the policing it needs against McGrattan, Scott, and the likes? Sestito is a better hockey player than an enforcer, and as a hockey player, he's unable to keep up and too slow to lay a hard forecheck on anyone.

Nice to know I'm not the only one that can see the Horvat predicament. As much as fans "want" Horvat to make it, the club has to make a judgement call....right now he has to eliminate a vet. That's just the way Benning has made this roster

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hockey/canucks-hockey/Kuzma+Horvat+knows+Canucks+junior/10009237/story.html

Kuzma is not given to rash articles

I like the part where he said the coach (Willie) wants him to make the team.

New head coach already has the guys believing in him and working hard for him.

Maybe you need to grow your alligator arms a little and spend some money on a larger flat screen TV. That's unless you jumped on a plane and flew to Malmo and to London to watch the games upfront and personal. In that case, maybe you need stronger prescription glasses. Though I agree Horvat didn't do anything to really wow anyone, he's still a legit NHL prospect.

And you really think that Sestito, the human punching bag, is able to provide the team with the policing it needs against McGrattan, Scott, and the likes? Sestito is a better hockey player than an enforcer, and as a hockey player, he's unable to keep up and too slow to lay a hard forecheck on anyone.

So let's get this straight if some one doesn't agree with you ...you resort to insulting them. I noticed in that article Kuzma also mentioned that in three games at the Memorila Cup Horvat failed to score or even get an assist. And that was just one small step up in skill level...I think in the WJC he scored...one goal. It takes more than that to make an impression on me...but hey every one sets a different standard,

The Sestito comment was in answer to a poster that intemated that he didn't feel we needed a heavy weight... I was just saying Sestito fundamentally filled that role for us, many teams in our division carry one or more tough guys. I'm not saying he's Rocky Balboa but he is proficient and answers the bell. I reacall years back Vcr had a tough guy named Brookbank.....Naslund stated Brookbank makes every player on our bench 6" taller. That matters

Horvat is a very special prospect. He's the real deal when it comes to pretty much all aspects of his game. Defence, work ethic, leadership, even his physical play is solid. I would rate him at an A or so for pretty much all spects, except his overall offensive skill set. In that department, he's a B or B+. If he makes the team, GREAT. If he doesn't he can go back to London and work on that skill set. Bring that from the B range into the A range and you will see he could very well become a top 6 center. Maybe even top line center. Don't rush him. Let him develop his offensive side fully, and we will have a pure gem in our ranks for years and years to come

So let's get this straight if some one doesn't agree with you ...you resort to insulting them. I noticed in that article Kuzma also mentioned that in three games at the Memorila Cup Horvat failed to score or even get an assist. And that was just one small step up in skill level...I think in the WJC he scored...one goal. It takes more than that to make an impression on me...but hey every one sets a different standard,

The Sestito comment was in answer to a poster that intemated that he didn't feel we needed a heavy weight... I was just saying Sestito fundamentally filled that role for us, many teams in our division carry one or more tough guys. I'm not saying he's Rocky Balboa but he is proficient and answers the bell. I reacall years back Vcr had a tough guy named Brookbank.....Naslund stated Brookbank makes every player on our bench 6" taller. That matters

I disagree with the Horvat points, but totally agree about sestito.

I don't think Horvat was all that bad in the WJC. Team Canada largely unperformed across the board; I thought Horvat played his role well. I'll admit I wasn't impressed by his performance in the mem cup but London got pretty much steam rolled in each game. they didn't seem up to the challenge.

As far as Sestito goes, he absolutely fills a role required to play in the west and in certain matchups out east. If an opposing teams heavy wants to go, he ALWAYS answers the bell. that's not just being a goon; that is team first character and that is hard to find. Also, knowing a big guy like Tom is in the lineup will make middlewights and down think twice about taking runs at star players. sure they may get away with a hit as soon as it happens; but when Sestito gets on the ice you know he's looking to even the score. knowing repercussions will come from dirty plays is crucial. there has to be SOME intimidation factor in the lineup outside of bieksa and kass.

Edited by wshdrvvn

It's a team game. Horvat can't do it all by himself. If you watched those Mem cup games you would know that London wasn't great.

It's a team game. Horvat can't do it all by himself. If you watched those Mem cup games you would know that London wasn't great.

London was terrible zadorov could have been the worst defenseman in the tournament. He would have made elders play look like weber. Edited by Gooseberries
  • Upvote 1