The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Would anyone have picked Valeri Nichushkin (10th overall pick) instead of Bo Horvat? After seeing him put up 30 points in his first NHL season with the Dallas Stars and playing on the first line with Seguin making it obvious that the Stars believed he was NHL ready and make a difference right away to the club.

Would anyone have picked Valeri Nichushkin (10th overall pick) instead of Bo Horvat? After seeing him put up 30 points in his first NHL season with the Dallas Stars and playing on the first line with Seguin making it obvious that the Stars believed he was NHL ready and make a difference right away to the club.

Why even bring this up? I thought we were finally done comparing the two get outta here it's been discussed to death. Let's at least wait until BO plays his first season in the NHL to start comparing the two.

Why even bring this up? I thought we were finally done comparing the two get outta here it's been discussed to death. Let's at least wait until BO plays his first season in the NHL to start comparing the two.

as much as many want it, that comparison will take decades to die.

no

okay let me ask you this. Would you draft burmistrov over johansen?

Nichushkin would have long gone under Torts.

I'm glad that Horvat probably has a good chance of making the team this year, and under Willie - may be a good first pro coach for Bo. Looking forward to the season. hoping some of the young guys

Nichushkin would have long gone under Torts.

I'm glad that Horvat probably has a good chance of making the team this year, and under Willie - may be a good first pro coach for Bo. Looking forward to the season. hoping some of the young guys

The thing I like about Horvat is his size and his defense. He could play on a NHL roster on that basis

and build his offense as he develops. He reminds me of Sutter in Pitt.

Is there any harm in letting Bo play for the London Knights for 15 games, bring him to the big club for 3 games.

Send him down for another 15 games in the OHL, bring him back for 3.

Send him down again for 10 games and bring him back 3.

If he does well at the end of his 3 games, keep him up. Otherwise, send him back and let him lend the knights in the playoffs.

Is there any harm in letting Bo play for the London Knights for 15 games, bring him to the big club for 3 games.

Send him down for another 15 games in the OHL, bring him back for 3.

Send him down again for 10 games and bring him back 3.

If he does well at the end of his 3 games, keep him up. Otherwise, send him back and let him lend the knights in the playoffs.

I don't think you can do that. As soon as you send him down to CHL, you can't recall him back to the NHL for the remainder of the season. I also don't see the point of sending him back and forth between London and Vancouver. Just seems like an unnecessary wear and tear.

• Upvote 1

I don't think you can do that. As soon as you send him down to CHL, you can't recall him back to the NHL for the remainder of the season. I also don't see the point of sending him back and forth between London and Vancouver. Just seems like an unnecessary wear and tear.

I was just asking because since is can't play in the AHL just yet. Give him the games in the NHL will give him the actual idea of the speed and pace of the game compared to him play in the OHL.

Just a thought though. I wish he makes the team with Shinkaruk.

Sedin/Sedin/Vrbata

Shinkaruk/ Bonino/Kassian

Higgens/Horvat/Vey

Dorsett/ Richardson/ Matthias

You can only pull from junior on an emergency basis, after the ahl has been exhausted. Once pulled I think they have to stay. Not sure in that though.

Guest Dasein

I was just asking because since is can't play in the AHL just yet. Give him the games in the NHL will give him the actual idea of the speed and pace of the game compared to him play in the OHL.

Just a thought though. I wish he makes the team with Shinkaruk.

Sedin/Sedin/Vrbata

Shinkaruk/ Bonino/Kassian

Higgens/Horvat/Vey

Dorsett/ Richardson/ Matthias

Jensen makes the team before Shinkaruk IMO. Shinkaruk has the skills but he doesn't have the conditioning to make the cut.

Horvat is a complete coin flip right now. It's really up to him whether he is ready to keep up with the NHL pace. If he is, we are a better team for it since he can start his NHL career. If not, that just means he still has more to learn in the OHL - which is not the end of the world.

Jensen makes the team before Shinkaruk IMO. Shinkaruk has the skills but he doesn't have the conditioning to make the cut.

Horvat is a complete coin flip right now. It's really up to him whether he is ready to keep up with the NHL pace. If he is, we are a better team for it since he can start his NHL career. If not, that just means he still has more to learn in the OHL - which is not the end of the world.

I totally forgot about Jensen.

He's hard to determine who he can play with, I love his skating ability but does Jensen take Shinkaruk's spot?

Guest Dasein

I totally forgot about Jensen.

He's hard to determine who he can play with, I love his skating ability but does Jensen take Shinkaruk's spot?

What do you mean? Shinkaruk is definitely not ready for the NHL and is going to need a year in Utica. Shinkaruk doesn't have a spot on the Canucks. Out of the forwards, Jensen is the closest to making the Canucks.

Edited by Dasein