Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C


-Vintage Canuck-
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...

 

Something that doesn't really surprise me because just by eye test, Bo is an average defensive player. Something I've said before in this thread, Bo just isn't this shutdown center despite being used in that fashion. He is a two way center, capable of being defensively responsible, but he is far more offensively slanted in his game than he is a defensive stalwart.

 

I think to truly utilize Bo is to find a really good defensive center who is capable of being in that 3C spot, and unleash Bo's offensive game, giving him more ozone starts and more focus offensively. Bo has been pretty damn good with subpar wingers...what if the team actually gave him legitimate top six wingers? I feel his offensive game would take off.

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY
  • Hydration 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

 

Something that doesn't really surprise me because just by eye test, Bo is an average defensive player. Something I've said before in this thread, Bo just isn't this shutdown center despite being used in that fashion. He is a two way center, capable of being defensively responsible, but he is far more offensively slanted in his game than he is a defensive stalwart.

 

I think to truly utilize Bo is to find a really good defensive center who is capable of being in that 3C spot, and unleash Bo's offensive game, giving him more ozone starts and more focus offensively. Bo has been pretty damn good with subpar wingers...what if the team actually gave him legitimate top six wingers? I feel his offensive game would take off.

Seems to be a repeat of the Sedins. They never got that third top six legit winger. Imagine if they did, they would have done so much more damage. I mean, they made Burrows into a legit top six winger. That’s how goddamn good they were. 

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

SN650, going on this afternoon over the decline in Bo's game. He's 26, a horse, and if he had some talent to play with he'd be a force. VP and Nils would be a good start. As it is, he comes through consistently each and every year. Plus, he's a fitness beast. Let's see him come back this fall and prove these idiots wrong.

  • Hydration 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, johngould21 said:

SN650, going on this afternoon over the decline in Bo's game. He's 26, a horse, and if he had some talent to play with he'd be a force. VP and Nils would be a good start. As it is, he comes through consistently each and every year. Plus, he's a fitness beast. Let's see him come back this fall and prove these idiots wrong.

Decline? What?

 

He's literally improved steadily for the first 6 years of his career and the slightest decline merits a piece on his decline? Ridiculous. I'd bet they'd have trouble finding another player who's improved for six seasons straight.

  • Hydration 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Decline? What?

 

He's literally improved steadily for the first 6 years of his career and the slightest decline merits a piece on his decline? Ridiculous. I'd bet they'd have trouble finding another player who's improved for six seasons straight.

That topic and should the Canucks keep or trade the 9th. My ears were bleeding profusely.

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bo is in the prime of his career, we are likely to see his best hockey for the next 2-3 years.  He has certainly shown he can improve his game, first it was his skating, then faceoffs, then defensive play, then goal scoring ability. However, I do think he needs to continue to develop his defensive game as I think he isn't very strong in his own end. He is adequate, but at points last season I noticed he cheated defensively to jump up on the counter rush. He is capable of being responsible, but certainly play in his own end is not his strength.

 

I do think, that when his game start to decline it will be more noticeable offensively, considering his game heavily slants that way. Despite being labeled a "two way center" I don't think his defensive game is as good that he could rely on that as he ages into his early to mid thirties. Considering that he doesn't kill penalties unless there are injuries, I don't really see him fitting into that role as he ages. Travis Green has reluctantly chosen to use him there too when he had the chance last season, rather electing to use Miller or Pearson instead.

 

In that, its crucial that this team capitalize on the productive years of Bo, that starts with getting him legitimate wingers to help his offensive game.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Decline? What?

 

He's literally improved steadily for the first 6 years of his career and the slightest decline merits a piece on his decline? Ridiculous. I'd bet they'd have trouble finding another player who's improved for six seasons straight.

Don't think decline is the right word at all.

 

I think Bo is around his peak and will be at his peak for the next couple of of years. His (very slight) decline in production was mostly the result of the team taking a step back.

 

The same can be said for JT. Really hope we're opportunistic and take advantage of this within the next couple of years.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Grape said:

Don't think decline is the right word at all.

 

I think Bo is around his peak and will be at his peak for the next couple of of years. His (very slight) decline in production was mostly the result of the team taking a step back.

 

The same can be said for JT. Really hope we're opportunistic and take advantage of this within the next couple of years.

The team had a bad year. It is not a reflection of where they are at. We do need to improve is key areas but we are trending up.

  • Hydration 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Grape said:

Don't think decline is the right word at all.

 

I think Bo is around his peak and will be at his peak for the next couple of of years. His (very slight) decline in production was mostly the result of the team taking a step back.

 

The same can be said for JT. Really hope we're opportunistic and take advantage of this within the next couple of years.

I think you're probably correct here. The team around a player will definitely affect their results to some degree. Horvat is probably at his peak right now and the question will be how long he can hold it for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I think you're probably correct here. The team around a player will definitely affect their results to some degree. Horvat is probably at his peak right now and the question will be how long he can hold it for.

Come on Horvat will produce  58--65 points and  24 -28 goal until he is 32 yrs old.

Bo always plays a great 200 foot game....No worries with BO !!!!!!!

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, wildcam said:

Come on Horvat will produce  58--65 points and  24 -28 goal until he is 32 yrs old.

Bo always plays a great 200 foot game....No worries with BO !!!!!!!

Give him a good winger look out??? Playing with Pearson??? 

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Give him a good winger look out??? Playing with Pearson??? 

Pearson's struggles this year no doubt affected Horvat, but don't kid yourself, Pearson in 2019-20 was a very solid 2nd line guy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Pearson's struggles this year no doubt affected Horvat, but don't kid yourself, Pearson in 2019-20 was a very solid 2nd line guy.

He is slow 3rd line guy only....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, wildcam said:

He is slow 3rd line guy only....

I really appreciate the depth and breadth of your argument and have been swayed by your ground-breaking reasoning.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/6/2021 at 5:13 PM, -AJ- said:

Pearson's struggles this year no doubt affected Horvat, but don't kid yourself, Pearson in 2019-20 was a very solid 2nd line guy.

 

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/6/2021 at 5:13 PM, -AJ- said:

Pearson's struggles this year no doubt affected Horvat, but don't kid yourself, Pearson in 2019-20 was a very solid 2nd line guy.

Or maybe it was the absence of Eriksson on his line???   ^_^

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

funny stuff, rangers thought they would have a chance to pull off this trade.......

 

 

Buchnevich is very good, but not good enough for Horvat. Similar offensive levels from Horvat and he's obviously also our leader and a bang up great guy. Not sure about Buchnevich's defensive game, but Horvat's is pretty decent too, especially his face-offs. I'd wager that if this was ever on the table, Jimbo didn't leave it on for very long.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...