The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

I hope Dickinson is the guy who can finally unleash Bo. We need a guy we can trust now and in the future at 3C. Sutter really did help as did Beagle but looking at how much Dickinson was deployed defensively, hopefully this gives Bo more neutral and offensive zone starts. Hoglander is not a player you want bottled in on defence. 

Dickinson at 3C with Motte and Sutter at 4C with maybe MacEwan and Highmore can take all of the defensive starts and hopefully that will free up Bo. Dickinson was great on the PK last year too so hopefully Greeb doesn't feel he has to put Bo out there all the time.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2021 at 12:58 AM, Wolfgang Durst said:

I think this would have been a big mistake. Besides the fact that I feel Bo has a better overall game (subjective), he's the captain of our team and I believe the players do like him. I think trading our captain for a player of similar skill like this sends the wrong message to the other players. 

Bo or bust.

Edited by kloubek
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, kloubek said:

I think this would have been a big mistake. Besides the fact that I feel Bo has a better overall game (subjective), he's the captain of our team and I believe the players do like him. I think trading our captain for a player of similar skill like this sends the wrong message to the other players. 

Bo or bust.

There is zero chance this was an actual trade discussion.  The poster putting this up was obviously fishing for reactions from Canuck’s fans by comparing one of the top players on our team to a piece of craperolla.  

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

I am looking forward to see what Bo can do with some good, puck- possession- type forwards, who can cycle the puck, pass, make plays, and keep the puck in the other teams end.

Could Bo become a number one center with the right wingers?

Could Bo be a 30 goal 70 point guy with offensive wingers?

Bo has been a victim of his all around ability and dominance in the faceoff circle...

He has been used defensively, but I think he has the size and skills that better suit an offense first player.

In fact, I think that Horvat's abilities would be used best as a first line left winger, where he could use his size and strength to control the puck in the corners, and down low, and in front of the net.  And he has a great one timer...

Horvat  Pete   Beoser     (This line would be a handful for opposing teams.  Horvat would be an ox in the corners...)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spotted owl said:

I am looking forward to see what Bo can do with some good, puck- possession- type forwards, who can cycle the puck, pass, make plays, and keep the puck in the other teams end.

Could Bo become a number one center with the right wingers?

Could Bo be a 30 goal 70 point guy with offensive wingers?

Bo has been a victim of his all around ability and dominance in the faceoff circle...

He has been used defensively, but I think he has the size and skills that better suit an offense first player.

In fact, I think that Horvat's abilities would be used best as a first line left winger, where he could use his size and strength to control the puck in the corners, and down low, and in front of the net.  And he has a great one timer...

Horvat  Pete   Beoser     (This line would be a handful for opposing teams.  Horvat would be an ox in the corners...)

I think Bo's already shown he could pot 30 goals and the extra points to get to 70 could be possible if Garland really clicks with this team.

EDIT: Well I assumed he's had years on pace for 30 goals, but I guess not yet. His best two goal-scoring years (last year and 2017-18), he was on pace for about 28 goals. Garland has shown a penchant for goal scoring (2019-20) and play-making (2020-21), so he could fill in either role on that 2nd line.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/24/2021 at 8:33 AM, kloubek said:

Bo or bust.

That's exactly why Vancouver said no. From what I understand Vancouver called and asked about Buchnevich, the Rangers said they'd like Horvat back, and Vancouver said Horvat is not available. 

9 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

That's exactly why Vancouver said no. From what I understand Vancouver called and asked about Buchnevich, the Rangers said they'd like Horvat back, and Vancouver said Horvat is not available. 

IF the Rags asked for Bo in trade for Buchnevich, then their GM is dumber than Nathan Mackinnon.  

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1