The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Chris Tierney is named Captain, with Brady Austin, Josh Anderson, Ryan Rupert and Bo Horvat wearing the A. I'm fine with that.

Bo didn't have the A on when I saw the game on Sunday in Mississauga. I was surprised to see that.

I was also surprised that he doesn't take faceoffs on the PP. Tierney does.

Bo is a good player though. He made good decisions with and without the puck. He plays on the PP and PK, wins most of his draws, is big and got wheels. Bo had a rush on the PK where he carried the pick from his own circle, through the neutral zone, power move outside on the Dman and cut right to the front of the net and almost scored.

His linemate Max Domi is a bit of a puck hog, always wanting the puck and doesn't do much with it (at least against the Steelheads).

Edited by CB007

Bo didn't have the A on when I saw the game on Sunday in Mississauga. I was surprised to see that.

Bo is a good player though. He made good decisions with and without the puck. He plays on the PP and PK, wins most of his draws, is big and got wheels. Bo had a rush on the PK where he carried the pick from his own circle, through the neutral zone, power move outside on the Dman and cut right to the front of the net and almost scored.

His linemate Max Domi is a bit of a puck hog, always wanting the puck and doesn't do much with it (at least against the Steelheads).

no finish. he takes the 10% chance shots, because 10% of the time he'll get a highlight reel goal out of it. sums him up good

Sounds a lot like Ryan Kesler with his wrist shot haha

ryan kesler also is the 2nd best pk forward in the league at the moment. often stands on top the blue paint on the pp. is a 40 goal scorer and a selke winner. things domi will never do. please do not compare the two again. thanks

ryan kesler also is the 2nd best pk forward in the league at the moment. often stands on top the blue paint on the pp. is a 40 goal scorer and a selke winner. things domi will never do. please do not compare the two again. thanks

if you watched him regularly, you wouldn't make that comparison. honestly, i compare max to brad marchand, and that's where the comparison to bergeron comes to mind for bo.

Well, it's a blowout. London plays a different game without Bo, apparently. Let him get to 100%. From what i heard, he could've played, but they didn't feel the need to push it.

6-1 win tonight for the Knights. Bo with a goal and an assist.

Apparently they don't play any different without Bo at all.

• Upvote 1

It's weird. Seems like if Bo is on his game, Domi isn't. Vice-versa. Great game for him, looked like he found his legs as the game got going. I like him with the Ruperts, great chemistry. MG should try to get them both, even for utica. Shouldn't cost much. lol.

but seriously, we should grab brady austin

Bo horvat ranks #9 on Cory Pronmans top 50 drafted prospects not playing in the nhl. He also had this to say about him:

"I see a fringe 1C/great 2 offensive capabilities with high-end defensive skills as his ceiling. The Horvat at the WJC was not indicative IMO of his offensive abilities. "

^ nice. I thought Bo did pretty good in the WJC he set up McDavid with tons of chances but he could never bury them, and Laughton is a puck hog so he couldn't do much with him. Bo is a really under rated playmaker, everyone recognizes him for his defensive abilities and forgets all about his offense

Glad you mentioned that.. i noticed it as well in the games ive seen.. i honestly think Domi passes to Horvat the least on purpose.. friends, but a secret jealousy/bitterness... drafted higher, wjc snub, etc. when you are the star your whole life and then someone else is rated higher, u might be a bit of a hater towards him.. kinda like how a backup goalie secretly wants the number 1 to let in 5 goals lol

^ nice. I thought Bo did pretty good in the WJC he set up McDavid with tons of chances but he could never bury them, and Laughton is a puck hog so he couldn't do much with him. Bo is a really under rated playmaker, everyone recognizes him for his defensive abilities and forgets all about his offense

I thought he had a pretty good WJC too, it's not his fault his linemates couldn't capitalize on the beautiful passes he gave them. He was also moved to a more defensive role about midway through the tourny, which likely reflects in his overall point total for that tourny.