The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Daniel Sedin | #22 | LW

-SN-

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/05/2016 at 6:53 AM, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

Can't say I disagree. Hurts a bit to acknowledge our three best players are each 35 years old. 

Interestingly, I think we have the 3 best players from the 1999 draft, Miller was a 5th round pick in same draft as the Sedins.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

Interestingly, I think we have the 3 best players from the 1999 draft, Miller was a 5th round pick in same draft as the Sedins.

So was Vrbata right? If we're talking the season before last, we'd have all four!

EDIT: So was Zetterberg and Havlat it seems! So I suppose besides Zetterberg and Havlat.

Edited by suitup

1 minute ago, suitup said:

So was Vrbata right? If we're talking the season before last, we'd have all four!

I just looked up the draftees of that year, I would rank Zetterberg ahead of Radim, but yes we do have 4 of the top 5 players from the 1999 draft

1 minute ago, ruilin96 said:

I just looked up the draftees of that year, I would rank Zetterberg ahead of Radim, but yes we do have 4 of the top 5 players from the 1999 draft

Yep I corrected myself in the edit. I would even argue that Havlat has had a better career than Vrbata to be honest.

Perhaps 4 out of 6?

3 minutes ago, suitup said:

Yep I corrected myself in the edit. I would even argue that Havlat has had a better career than Vrbata to be honest.

Perhaps 4 out of 6?

Havlat is better early on but Verby is a late boomer, and he is better later on base on stats. This one is a tough one to pick from, both were once All Stars. This one is a tough one.

On May 29, 2016 at 6:00 PM, StealthNuck said:
Daniel Sedin 
Vancouver Canucks
DANIEL SEDIN
LEFT WING  - VAN
(suh-DEEN)
NUMBER: 22
HEIGHT: 6' 1"
WEIGHT: 187
SHOOTS: LEFT
BORN: 26 SEP 1980  (AGE 35)
BIRTHPLACE: ORNSKOLDSVIK, SWEDEN

DRAFTED: VAN / 1999 NHL ENTRY DRAFT
ROUND: 1ST (2ND OVERALL)

Great player.  Tough as nails, both he and Henrik.  They both are targets of the worst abuse, yet they still control the puck - knowing the monsters are coming.  

Don Cherry said the toughest players are not the fighters, but the guys who have the puck knowing they are targets, and still make plays.  Are there two players who fit that description better than the Twins?

THAT IS TRUE COURAGE. 

HOF for certain.

On 6/17/2016 at 5:27 PM, ruilin96 said:

Havlat is better early on but Verby is a late boomer, and he is better later on base on stats. This one is a tough one to pick from, both were once All Stars. This one is a tough one.

Hmm... well I suppose that would be true if we were looking at goals. I would still say Havlat has been much more consistent throughout his career and has put up bigger points. He's had a 70pt. season (77 to be exact, pretty close to 80.) While Vrbata has only accumulated two 60 pt seasons and a 50 pt season. Hasn't broken 50 ever since. Havlat has had multiple 50 pt seasons, one 60 pt season and a 70 pt season. Had he stayed healthy, it would be less debatable. 

Edited by suitup
Added "Havlat has had" after "multiple 50 pt seasons..."
  • Upvote 1

Both Sedins are the best players Canucks had ever had in terms of talent (you can argue Bure is better), but they will be in the HOF and it will be a while until the Canucks to find another player to even be close to their calibre again

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, suitup said:

Hmm... well I suppose that would be true if we were looking at goals. I would still say Havlat has been much more consistent throughout his career and has put up bigger points. He's had a 70pt. season (77 to be exact, pretty close to 80.) While Vrbata has only accumulated two 60 pt seasons and a 50 pt season. Hasn't broken 50 ever since. Has multiple 50 pt seasons, one 60 pt season and a 70 pt season. Had he stayed healthy, it would be less debatable. 

I will give it to Havlat in this one, as of now Havlat is better point per game in his career than Verby.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
19 hours ago, Sedin Brothers said:

I saw the Sedin's didn't have much traction on the player discussion thread. Maybe it would be nice to have the Sedin's merged into one thread? This is due to the fact that they are typically talked about in pairs. I think it would generate a bit more topic to them.

The idea sounds nice, but I like how they're seperate since they're different individual players. Maybe we can have a combined thread with two individual subthreads? 

However,I think the main reason their threads don't gain much traction is because when it comes to the Sedins, there's not much to say. They're consistent and well-established NHL players who are great, charitable, hardworking people that exemplifies leadership and class, and people like tha typically don't create much controversy. All true Canuck fans already knows this and therefore ends up talking about real talking points of other players under the microscope.

(E.g. Will Baer, Hutton breakout this year? Will Stecher Tryamkin Larsen Rodin or Gaunce make the team?

Will we get rid of Sbisa?

Will Eriksson score 40 with the twins? Will he even play with the twins?

Does Gudbranson come as advertised?

Will Granlund and Etem finally solidify their spots or will a player like LaBate steal it? 

Etc... you get the idea)

• 4 months later...