The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brandon Sutter | #20 | C

-SN-

17 hours ago, Fred65 said:

But again when did he know he had a problem ?  Was there no medical when he re-signed by a competant medical staff. This problem is man made

JB doesnt seem to check or care if a player is fit to play. Just re-signs them right away. We could have gotten some other players signed in off season instead of sutter and hamonic. Pretty pathetic management in all honesty. So now we start with 3 regulars out already and a couple of more injuries and we would look like a non-playoff team. 

• RoughGame 3

33 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

They announced he is dealing with long-COVID and doesn't sound like they expect him anytime soon if at all.

Definitely there’s no timeline, now that it’s confirmed Sutter’s health issues are related to long-Covid. As I understand it, rest and pacing are the most effective treatments, and the duration needed varies from individual to individual. Certainly Sutter has a lot going for him, as he was previously very healthy, as an elite athlete, so hopefully his recovery is quicker and more compete than many others in the same situation, but it’s really impossible to predict. And it’s likely going to take him a while to train and get back up to speed, and in game shape, even after he (hopefully) recovers fully from these symptoms.

1 hour ago, DefCon1 said:

JB doesnt seem to check or care if a player is fit to play. Just re-signs them right away. We could have gotten some other players signed in off season instead of sutter and hamonic. Pretty pathetic management in all honesty. So now we start with 3 regulars out already and a couple of more injuries and we would look like a non-playoff team. 

Seems to be the case. Here's the question if the likes of maybe Downey doing just as well, does that show ineptitude by JB. Dowling is younger,cheaper and does not have Sutters long history of injuries. Not that I'm hyping Dowling, simply using him to point out there are younger and cheaper vets available

Edited by Fred65

5 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Why thanks for the update doc. Really glad you're on the staff.

It's not rocket science, any one that's had a thorough medical knows that blood work is part of the process. I have blood work done likely 4 times a year and then discuss it with my GP. If you listen you can learn. Heck they have to know if he has glucose problems ie pending diabetis amongst other things. I'd think a covid test for an athlete is not optional

Edited by Fred65

9 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

It's not rocket science, any one that's had a thorough medical knows that blood work is part of the process. I have blood work done likely 4 times a year and then discuss it with my GP. If you listen you can learn. Heck they have to know if he has glucose problems ie pending diabetis amongst other things. I'd think a covid test for an athlete is not optional

So as a doctor you know that he didn't have a physical, or bloodwork, and that long haul Covid is easily identifiable through a blood test?. Ok, good to know so you can throw more attacks at the team. Carry on Freddie, as always you're a vast fountain of knowledge. :mellow:

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

So as a doctor you know that he didn't have a physical, or bloodwork, and that long haul Covid is easily identifiable through a blood test?. Ok, good to know so you can throw more attacks at the team. Carry on Freddie, as always you're a vast fountain of knowledge. :mellow:

Gee thanks Gawdzukes  :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fred65 said:

I'm not convinced that a thorough medical would have missed the sign, chnaces are blood work alone would have shown the problem

It's hard to say, they really don't know what they are looking for in the bloodwork, to identify the issue, or how to treat it. There is a lot more that we don't really know about long-term Covid right now, than science actually knows.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

It's hard to say, they really don't know what they are looking for in the bloodwork, to identify the issue, or how to treat it. There is a lot more that we don't really know about long-term Covid right now, than science actually knows.

At least Sutter had a positive test with his initial Covid infection.

There are Covid long haulers who’ve never tested positive. They got sick early in the pandemic and just quarantined, never took the test (in many cases were even advised by health authorities not to get tested and just home quarantine), and now they are facing a longterm medical issue that’s not exactly easy for them to prove, or even get diagnosed. Just a nightmare scenario, especially if you know what it’s already like for people with chronic illnesses trying to navigate the health system (and even worse in the US, where treatments and benefits might get denied without a positive test).

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Cheers 4

14 hours ago, Fred65 said:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=DW+long+covid

second one down. Could cause... Diabetes is not Covid. 

31 minutes ago, mll said:

That quote was from back in April when he caught Covid.  Doesn't look he has addressed media since being diagnosed with long Covid.

I heard him on 650 when he re-signed his latest deal. He sounded excited to get back to training camp, so his symptoms may have only happened when he tried to push himself to get ready for camp.

• 3 weeks later...