The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Radim Vrbata | #17 | RW

-SN-

1 hour ago, DontMessMe said:

Who is he again?? 

Surely you weren't asking that in his first season as a Canuck. Basically, by that bridge being burned --- regardless who's at fault --- JB is now tasked with finding a suitable legitimate, and likely more expensive top-6 replacement at that position. Either that, or throw Boeser to the wolves next season, if only to avoid the contract length offer it'll take to sign Okposo. 

Personally, I'm hoping he returns to form next season, and, with the right line mates --- at centre, particularly --- have no doubt he will. This season was just a horrible aberration that the coaching staff should share blame for by going away from what worked the year before. 

24 minutes ago, Fakename70 said:

Surely you weren't asking that in his first season as a Canuck. Basically, by that bridge being burned --- regardless who's at fault --- JB is now tasked with finding a suitable legitimate, and likely more expensive top-6 replacement at that position. Either that, or throw Boeser to the wolves next season, if only to avoid the contract length offer it'll take to sign Okposo. 

Personally, I'm hoping he returns to form next season, and, with the right line mates --- at centre, particularly --- have no doubt he will. This season was just a horrible aberration that the coaching staff should share blame for by going away from what worked the year before. 

That was LAST year. Now we are in 2016. 

On 5/29/2016 at 9:04 PM, Fakename70 said:

...and, in need of a top-6 RW who, more often than not, has proven good for 50 points a season over his career. 

... and guess what, we are not signing him. He burned bridges here pretty sure 

I wish him good luck finding a 1 year deal at 1-2 mill to prove himself once again that hes not washed

up.

13 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

... and guess what, we are not signing him. He burned bridges here pretty sure 

I wish him good luck finding a 1 year deal at 1-2 mill to prove himself once again that hes not washed

up.

Thank you, Captain Obvious. But, that bridge was burned both ways, though. The Canucks aren't without fault on that one. I have no doubt he'll bounce back with another squad next season, and I'm not so sure that he's the one who needs to prove himself in the NHL next year nearly as much as Willie does. 

Archived