The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Radim Vrbata | #17 | RW

-SN-

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

So.....Radim Vrbata was not traded again at the deadline.

However there are a few distinct differences between when Benning was tasked with moving his useless ass, and now.

Then:

• had an NTC
  • $5M price tag
  • played like a spoiled petulant child

Now:

• no NTC
  • $1M price tag
  • led the Coyotes in scoring

According to Chayka, the price they were asking for wasn't met. Not sure what that price was, but clearly, even though Vrbata put up the points during the regular season, his primadonna BS with the Canucks last season has stuck and adhered itself to his less than stellar reputation. Basically, he can score, but nothing else. He's selfish, lazy, and, most likely a robot.

Chayka, analyticzzz guru, failed at moving him, and should take ten times the guff from people for being a crappy, one-dimensional general manager, that Benning received when his hands were essentially tied.

Benning > Chayka

It's just that simple.

10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

So.....Radim Vrbata was not traded again at the deadline.

However there are a few distinct differences between when Benning was tasked with moving his useless ass, and now.

Then:

• had an NTC
  • $5M price tag
  • played like a spoiled petulant child

Now:

• no NTC
  • $1M price tag
  • led the Coyotes in scoring

According to Chayka, the price they were asking for wasn't met. Not sure what that price was, but clearly, even though Vrbata put up the points during the regular season, his primadonna BS with the Canucks last season has stuck and adhered itself to his less than stellar reputation. Basically, he can score, but nothing else. He's selfish, lazy, and, most likely a robot.

Chayka, analyticzzz guru, failed at moving him, and should take ten times the guff from people for being a crappy, one-dimensional general manager, that Benning received when his hands were essentially tied.

Benning > Chayka

It's just that simple.

I agree with this, however I think it is worth mentioning that his current contract with the Coyotes includes a bonus clause which pays him a $250,000 per playoff round, which likely could have scared off any playoff contenders looking to trade for him.... That and he is a total dumpster fire in the Playoffs....

Just now, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

I agree with this, however I think it is worth mentioning that his current contract with the Coyotes includes a bonus clause which pays him a $250,000 per playoff round, which likely could have scared off any playoff contenders looking to trade for him.... That and he is a total dumpster fire in the Playoffs....

Didn't know about that clause. It's funny that Vrbata would have requested a playoff clause. The ironing is delicious.

35 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Didn't know about that clause. It's funny that Vrbata would have requested a playoff clause. The ironing is delicious.

Or he knew that any playoff bonus clause would have kept him for sure from being traded?  He pretty much said he didn't want to be traded from here last TDL, and gave a list of teams that wouldn't want him, right? 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Or he knew that any playoff bonus clause would have kept him for sure from being traded?  He pretty much said he didn't want to be traded from here last TDL, and gave a list of teams that wouldn't want him, right? 

Fair point. What an anchor.

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You now acknowledge this? That mean you are finally going to give Benning a pass for not being able to move him?

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Fair point. What an anchor.

I'm guessing that Chayka wanted the playoff bonus clause thinking the Coyotes were going to be a playoff team and he used that as a bargaining chip to sign Vrbata for only $1M. Looks to me like that backfired on him.

4 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

You now acknowledge this? That mean you are finally going to give Benning a pass for not being able to move him?

Yes.  Clearly Vrbata is one of those selfish players, who really hates the playoffs.  

When I was scanning the list of completed trades after lunch today I literally laughed when Vrbata's name didn't show up. I find it funny that quite amusing that John "Pick Collector" Chayka didn't have his price met when that price could have been anything. Sure, Vrbata is having a good season points wise, but it isn't like he's going to be around when the team starts making noise anywhere outside of the entry draft.

Archived