Sign in to follow this  
StealthNuck

Alexander Edler | #23 | D

Honestly if Edler is out for the whole series, that is a massive blow to our team and will make the series much much harder. Benn is already not returning, so our back up defenders are the likes of Sautner or Rafferty most likely.

Posted (edited)

Juolevi, here's your shot. If he comes in and is effective theee entire narrative would shift. 

Edited by Moose Nuckle
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Latest on Edler?

Seems to be not that bad. Was cut by Myers' stick. If it was a serious cut we'd probably be hearing a lot more about it.

48 minutes ago, Yung1 said:

Seems to be not that bad. Was cut by Myers' stick. If it was a serious cut we'd probably be hearing a lot more about it.

Thank Gordie!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Yung1 said:

I guess Miller's commentary on Myers' defending was spot on.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
August 26, 2020 01:04 AM
Canucks' Alexander Edler: Provides pair of assists
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

Edler recorded two assists, four blocked shots, four PIM and a plus-4 rating in Tuesday's 5-2 win over Vegas in Game 2.

Edler set up Elias Pettersson for a second-period tally and added the secondary helper on Bo Horvat's goal early in the third. The all-around strong effort from Edler gave him six assists, 45 blocked shots, 16 PIM and a plus-5 rating through 12 contests.

Edited by Mackcanuck
  • Hydration 4

23 hours ago, CanuckCup2022 said:

Edler is the best defenseman the Canucks have ever had based on long term stats in almost every category.

I think I would enact a slight change of words choice as say he's the greatest Canuck defenseman. To me "Best" doesn't imply longevity whereas "Greatest" does. As for defensemen in the short-term, there are others like Jefff Brown, Paul Reinhart, Christian Ehrhoff, and even maybe Quinn Hughes who have, even in their short stints, been better players than Edler, but obviously didn't last very long with the Canucks (in Hughes' case, just not yet).

• Hydration 2

2 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I think I would enact a slight change of words choice as say he's the greatest Canuck defenseman. To me "Best" doesn't imply longevity whereas "Greatest" does. As for defensemen in the short-term, there are others like Jefff Brown, Paul Reinhart, Christian Ehrhoff, and even maybe Quinn Hughes who have, even in their short stints, been better players than Edler, but obviously didn't last very long with the Canucks (in Hughes' case, just not yet).

I would include Mattias Ohlund in that conversation as well. Although maybe not the best skater, he could hit like a Mac Truck and gave the Canucks an imposing presence on the back end.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I would include Mattias Ohlund in that conversation as well. Although maybe not the best skater, he could hit like a Mac Truck and gave the Canucks an imposing presence on the back end.

Ohlund's still #1 in my books.  Jovo was flashier but Ohlund was an absolute stud behind a group of forwards that wasn't known for their backchecking.  Edler is #2 for sure though and my mind might be changed by the end of these playoffs.  He's been outstanding despite the moaning in the GDT.

• Hydration 1

It's gonna be another year of Edler screening our goalies.  A LONG year.

His contract will NOT be renewed. You heard it here first.

On 8/27/2020 at 11:45 PM, King Heffy said:

Ohlund's still #1 in my books.  Jovo was flashier but Ohlund was an absolute stud behind a group of forwards that wasn't known for their backchecking.  Edler is #2 for sure though and my mind might be changed by the end of these playoffs.  He's been outstanding despite the moaning in the GDT.

Ohlund was a horse, shift after shift, Played hard and consistent that's why Tampa wanted him so badly after they drafted and signed Hedman, to tutor him ... that seemed to have worked well. It worked well for Edler too

Edited by Fred65