The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alexander Edler | #23 | D

-SN-

why?  they're overstacked on the left D.  Both sides have said a week or two ago that they're moving on.  He don't fit no mo' no mo' no mo'....  He'll definitely get a better contract elsewhere as well.

5 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

I see him in Colorado: would be a perfect fit because they need some size and strength, could mentor the young D-Men, would stay in the West.

The thing is that we need some size and strength, and we have some young D-Men that need mentoring.  I'd like to resign him at a lower dollar and give him a lesser role but still keep him in the lineup if we can.  There are always injuries to deal with and we need more than just 6 NHL caliber defencemen.  GCG!

On 6/16/2021 at 2:08 PM, DarthMelvin said:

time to move on from Edler. He won't be re-signed here

As expected 

What was shocking was the deal the kings gave him wow

He got lucky...can't say the same for the kings tho :P

5 hours ago, DarthMelvin said:

As expected 

A co worker yesterday was showing me the analytics of Edler’s penalties for the last 3 seasons... his tripping and hooking penalties drastically pick up, which would indicate a big drop in foot speed. Eddy was okay, but unfortunately Canucks kept him 3-5 years beyond most of his usefulness. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DarthMelvin said:

As expected 

Definitely a shocking deal that the Kings offer to Edler. I am glad he was given his "good weather and relaxation-retirement" contract in sunny Cali. We just didn't have the roster space/cap space to facilitate his "last" contract. 

The first thing that came to mind when it was announced he signed with the Kings was his heat-seeking missile trajectory hit on Doughty back in the 2010 playoffs ::D

All the best Eagle!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

189055393_Screenshot2021-08-30223703.png.1dccdb7b8865ae8e396b744b533775f7.png

Edler training with several Canuck and former Canuck players (Stecher and some others I can't quite identify) out in Vancouver yesterday. Black and white looks strange on Eddy. Going to miss him.

D1B8729E-8186-4D5E-8A32-2FAA65B4EDEF.gif

• Haha 1

On 8/6/2021 at 9:34 AM, Harvey Specter said:

Definitely a shocking deal that the Kings offer to Edler. I am glad he was given his "good weather and relaxation-retirement" contract in sunny Cali. We just didn't have the roster space/cap space to facilitate his "last" contract. 

Just one comment (or maybe it's 2) .......

Kings will be a better team with Edler,  and Canucks will be a worse team without him

7 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

189055393_Screenshot2021-08-30223703.png.1dccdb7b8865ae8e396b744b533775f7.png

Edler training with several Canuck and former Canuck players (Stecher and some others I can't quite identify) out in Vancouver yesterday. Black and white looks strange on Eddy. Going to miss him.

Very weird to see him in another jersey, but I love him wearing #2 in honour of Ohlund.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, Bobby James said:

Anyone know how he is playing in LA? 

2 assists in 5 games, playing 18:42 per game, so a 2nd pairing guy there. Looks reasonably solid, but I haven't watched much of him. I saw a highlight where he helped shut down a 1v3 offensive play by blocking a pass.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1