The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Erik Gudbranson | #44 | D

-SN-

12 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Guddy moved again. For nothing.

I figure Penguins figured they weren't giving us anything to get him but Pearson has become quite decent for us. We won that trade.

Shame we lost by trading for him in the first place...

Well as you've pointed out, you win some you lose some.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

So I logged into the Aklands Grainger website today because my Speedaire compressor blew a gasket.

the Compressor is 26 years old and finding a gasket is difficult.

The Aklands Grainer website, (once logged in) has a drtop down box to assist in finding tools etc.

when I clicked on the search box there was a single drop down,

"Gudbranson for captain"

Who knew after all this time that Aklands Grainger would be pushing for ol Guber to be captain?

I wonder if people in Anaheim get the same massage?

Gudbranson For Captain

1 hour ago, lmm said:

So I logged into the Aklands Grainger website today because my Speedaire compressor blew a gasket.

the Compressor is 26 years old and finding a gasket is difficult.

The Aklands Grainer website, (once logged in) has a drtop down box to assist in finding tools etc.

when I clicked on the search box there was a single drop down,

"Gudbranson for captain"

Who knew after all this time that Aklands Grainger would be pushing for ol Guber to be captain?

I wonder if people in Anaheim get the same massage?

Gudbranson For Captain

If they trade away Getzlaf he wouldn't be a bad choice at all for captain during the rebuild if they plan on re-signing him.

• Huggy Bear 1

Gudbranson is a player who I think struggles with handling the big market and media like Vancouver. From the moment he arrived in Vancouver, it seems like he was trying to do too much to prove that he is worth what they have given up for. And from time to time, it does seem like he was paying attention to all the comments and stuffs said about him the Vancouver media. There is no coincidence that he is a better player when he plays for teams like Florida and Anaheim, there are just not as much of a distraction and he can just focus on playing his game. 

As for his brief stint in Pittsburgh, I think the style of play of the Penguins just don't suit him well. They are a fast skating, uptempo, offensive club who plays a speed and skill game which is not very suitable for Gudbranson's style. I still did not understand why Pittsburgh traded for Gudbranson, given his style of play is so far off of their team's model. Gudbranson excels in the trap game (which is the way they play in Anaheim currently).

8 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

Gudbranson is a player who I think struggles with handling the big market and media like Vancouver. From the moment he arrived in Vancouver, it seems like he was trying to do too much to prove that he is worth what they have given up for. And from time to time, it does seem like he was paying attention to all the comments and stuffs said about him the Vancouver media. There is no coincidence that he is a better player when he plays for teams like Florida and Anaheim, there are just not as much of a distraction and he can just focus on playing his game. 

As for his brief stint in Pittsburgh, I think the style of play of the Penguins just don't suit him well. They are a fast skating, uptempo, offensive club who plays a speed and skill game which is not very suitable for Gudbranson's style. I still did not understand why Pittsburgh traded for Gudbranson, given his style of play is so far off of their team's model. Gudbranson excels in the trap game (which is the way they play in Anaheim currently).

Yeah he suits the grindy/defensive team style. Like the Kings of years past or a Torts team

• 1 month later...