The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Christopher Tanev | #8 | D

-SN-

2 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Tanev, Edler, Gudbranson.

I'd argue that Tanev and Edler are our only top pairing-level defensemen. Guddy is a #4 at best IMO and the rest are bottom pairing at this point (though I think Stecher is close to a #4 too). 

• Like 1

So lebrun says tanev is worth a first and a top prospect. Teams have called and the Canucks have said they aren’t looking to move. Hope that’s posturing because a rebuilding gm trades a injury prone 28 year old for a first and top prospect. Since he is a good drafter and what not.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2018-02-16 at 2:52 PM, Silky mitts said:

So lebrun says tanev is worth a first and a top prospect. Teams have called and the Canucks have said they aren’t looking to move. Hope that’s posturing because a rebuilding gm trades a injury prone 28 year old for a first and top prospect. Since he is a good drafter and what not.

Maybe use him as lottery insurance, .  Dahlin does look pretty good in the #1 position at the Draft.

33 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Maybe use him as lottery insurance, .  Dahlin does look pretty good in the #1 position at the Draft.

I think the deal will go down... or at least be on the table on draft day.  Once we know where we are drafting and the interested teams come out of the wood work we can find the proper Hockey trade.  I think if we end up drafting 2-3 Tanev is more likely to be traded to pick up one of the great defensive prospects that drop in the draft and have another defensive prospect come back.  I sure would love to get Dahlin.... Or even Bouchard or Boquist.... but I think there still some great options available in the second round and mid-late first if we can add a pick or two.  

Hell if we pick first and multiple picks were on the table for Tanev would take it with how deep the defense is in this draft.  We could end up with 3 top defensive prospects... crazy

Edited by TheYjUstMaKeYoUwooZy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheYjUstMaKeYoUwooZy said:

I think the deal will go down... or at least be on the table on draft day.  Once we know where we are drafting and the interested teams come out of the wood work we can find the proper Hockey trade.  I think if we end up drafting 2-3 Tanev is more likely to be traded to pick up one of the great defensive prospects that drop in the draft and have another defensive prospect come back.  I sure would love to get Dahlin.... Or even Bouchard or Boquist.... but I think there still some great options available in the second round and mid-late first if we can add a pick or two.  

Hell if we pick first and multiple picks were on the table for Tanev would take it with how deep the defense is in this draft.  We could end up with 3 top defensive prospects... crazy

I’d like to Tanev in a trade to get E Karlsson.

I'm a big Tanev fan, but if we could trade him in a Dahlin deal, I'd look into that. Thing is, unless a team gets lucky in the lotto, they're probably not in a position to want a 28-year old defenseman in his prime. That said, if a budding playoff team wins the lottery, I'd be down to trade Tanev and our 4th-6th pick for the 1st pick, if that would do it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

I'm a bit Tanev fan, but if we could trade him in a Dahlin deal, I'd look into that. Thing is, unless a team gets lucky in the lotto, they're probably not in a position to want a 28-year old defenseman in his prime. That said, if a budding playoff team wins the lottery, I'd be down to trade Tanev and our 4th-6th pick for the 1st pick, if that would do it.

AJ we can only hope it comes to having to make that decision. I have been a Trade Tanev advocate for 2 years now. He has to bring back a 1st rd'er and a serious prospect or the deal doesn't happen. For me it does not have to be part of a deal that brings #1 overall. Van is likely draft #1 - #4 and a high 2nd rd'er which in this draft and with the average Benning is pitching  could be 1st Round quality. Move Tanev for another 1st rd'er on top and the Canucks will be in great shape even if they don't luck out on Dahlen. This draft should complete the core group this org needs to build a CUP contender. At some point this org has to score a break at draft time. Maybe that break was EP but I would like to get that #1 pick in the lottery. The hockey gods have to smile down on us this DRAFT!

7 hours ago, SilentSam said:

There are barely any d men I would trade that pick for . Even then that player would have to come with some very valuable pieces. Dahlin is a generational d talent.

On 2018-02-16 at 2:52 PM, Silky mitts said:

Posturing or stupidity time will tell. I’m leading towards B. 

a good drafter that doesn’t like to acquire draft picks? 

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, combover said:

Posturing or stupidity time will tell. I’m leading towards B. 

a good drafter that doesn’t like to acquire draft picks? 

Or perhaps a good drafter and a better GM waits until the season is over and teams get more crazy leading up to the draft and figure the age of their key core means "win now" and they will offer even more for Tanev in a package.    Stupidity would be to lean towards something you don't know.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Or perhaps a good drafter and a better GM waits until the season is over and teams get more crazy leading up to the draft and figure the age of their key core means "win now" and they will offer even more for Tanev in a package.    Stupidity would be to lean towards something you don't know.

Except he’s not a good gm and his history of draft deals would once again dicredit you.

i know I spoke Poorly of your lord and saviour so you feel you need to rush to protect him. 

Teams over pay at the TDL because they feel they can win a cup but as a blind loyalist that’s of no matter because he’ll do better at the draft and if he doesn’t, a new list of excuses and how it’s better to hold on till the Next TDL will emerge from the predicable benning sheeple.

i shouldn’t have responded I allowed you to TROLL me. It won’t happen again. 

• Haha 2

I could see any of TOR, NYI, CHI, EDM and maybe even TBL still be in the market for Tanev. Whether any of them are willing to pay the price is another question. 

Hopefully we continue to plummet for the best shot at Dahlin and no later than 4th which would hopefully nab us Boqvist. Adding another 1st (+) on top of that for Tanev would be even better.