The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Christopher Tanev | #8 | D

-SN-

8 hours ago, Gooseberries said:

Every game Tanev sits brings us closer to that 63 point projection...

Tanev or any one of our core not playing hurts is too much it seems?  JB is building youthful depth (Stecher for example) but maybe we are a couple years away?

11 hours ago, Alflives said:

Tanev or any one of our core not playing hurts is too much it seems?  JB is building youthful depth (Stecher for example) but maybe we are a couple years away?

I would be shopping Tanev to see what the market offers. His injury history scares me about keeping him long term.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I would be shopping Tanev to see what the market offers. His injury history scares me about keeping him long term.

I know he's a very courageous player, who takes a lot of hits to make plays.  He has great stats though, so maybe he's worth a lot?

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

His injury history? he's never missed more than 18 games in a season.

Edited by Gooseberries

23 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

His injury history? he's never missed more than words games in a season.

He hasn't had a slew of major injuries knocking him out for months at a time but he has had numerous 'small' injuries, frequently gets NAILED and fairly regularly plays less than 100%. That he's managed to largely maintain a relatively high level of play in those situations is commendable but I have to agree with @Boudrias that it's not likely a recipe for good long term health.

With Stetcher looking good, Tryamkin in the wings, Pedan likely 7th D next year, Juolevi, Brisebois etc developing well, I'd be more than happy to entertain a Tanev + package (our 2017 1st and one of Rodin/Granlund/Baer?) for a top 6 forward before Tanev's NTC kicks in this summer while his value's high and his health is hopefully not yet in question.

Edited by J.R.

4 minutes ago, J.R. said:

He hasn't had a slew of major injuries knocking him out for months at a time but he has had numerous 'small' injuries, frequently gets NAILED and fairly regularly plays less than 100%. That he's managed to largely maintain a relatively high level of play in those situations is commendable but I have to agree with Boudrias that it's not likely a recipe for good long term health.

With Stetcher looking good, Tryamkin in the wings, Pedan likely 7th D next year, Juolevi, Brisebois etc developing well, I'd be more than happy to entertain a Tanev + package (our 2017 1st and one of Rodin/Granlund/Baer?) for a top 6 forward before Tanev's NTC kicks in this summer while his value's high and his health is hopefully not yet in question.

I'm not against trading him due to a crowded blue line.  but I don't think his injury history should play a part in the decision to trade him.

He's been healthier than the rest of our top 4 in recent years. 

4 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

I'm not against trading him due to a crowded blue line.  but I don't think his injury history should play a part in the decision to trade him.

He's been healthier than the rest of our top 4 in recent years. 

Again, not so much 'injury history'. More a recognition of the way he plays and that he's constantly getting rag dolled/nailed with pucks and generally takes a beating and rarely plays close to 100%. That WILL eventually catch up to him.

I'd prefer to move him while his value's high and before it does catch up.

And no, it's not the only reason.

Edited by J.R.
  • Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...