The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Discussion Tanev / Drouin/ 4th ov

Trade 1) Tanev  to Edmonton for 4th 2016 pick, Yakupov

-  Van gets whoever Bennings' guy is @ 4.

Yakupovs' value is low but in Van he may regain some of his potential, Van needs some offensive potential that he could bring.( He's a low risk/cost high reward gamble)

- Edmonton does this because Tanev is what they need.( Good, low cost, young defensive defenceman)

Trade 2) 2016 5th ov to Tampa for Drouin 

- Van does this because Drouin fits the retool, young, fast, gifted

.    - Tampa does it because they need the cap space for Stamko and their future rfas'. 

This is just for discussion do the trades work or are they over or under payment? Van may have to add something more to trade 2 because  of Drouins playoffs but Tampa is going to have too do something because of cap issues and playing time for their stars. Trading Tanev hurts but he will get the best return for Van got to give quality to get quality.  

The Oilers might be dumb, but not that dumb.

IF they trade the pick, I doubt they trade it to a divisional rival. Also, the value is way off. I love Tanman, but he is not worth all that.

Why would Tampa Bay do that? Drouin had a very good playoff run and proved that he can be a force out there. And he will be on his entry level contract next season

Trade 1) edited got rid of the extra picks, Yakupov has little value to Edmonton at this point is that better value now for  Tanev. Edmonton needs defence they cost. I don't think a high first and a possible bust of a player is that much really 

Trade 2) with the 5th Tampa would replace Drouins loss in a couple of years and help in the short term with cap issues and expansion. Van may have to add to equal value, also this just for discussion if it's to costly for Drouin Van could just draft @ 5 but it would definitely speed up the retool to get him. 

I'm not really sure I'd want to do either of those trades... but damn, a Drouin - Granlund - Yakupov   1B line looks so scary on paper....

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Drouin - Granlund - Yakupov

Dorsett  - Sutter - Hansen

Baertschi - Horvat - Etem

Vey, Rodin

Edler - (hammer?)

Hutton - Gudbranson

Tryamkin - Larson

1 hour ago, Dral said:

I'm not really sure I'd want to do either of those trades... but damn, a Drouin - Granlund - Yakupov   1B line looks so scary on paper....

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Vey, Rodin

Edler - (hammer?)

Hutton - Gudbranson

Tryamkin - Larson

A Drouin Granlund Yakupov second line looks scary?????? I mean come on! Yakupov will not be in the NHL in 2 years. Granlund is perhaps a fourth liner, but, I doubt he sticks past next season. I just don't think he is that good, competes hard enough, nor does he display any resemblance of skill.

Quite simply this trade proposal is ludicrous.

Regards,

The Guru

How about this...

Tanev, Rights to Hammer and a conditional draft pick (up to the 2017 2nd rounder) if hammer doesn't sign.  Hammer will likely sign there, he does like to be close to northern BC and there are a lot of churches in Edmonton;)  Edmonton gives us the 4th OA.

Any other team would say no, but team that has 4 1st OA draft picks playing on their roster under the age of 26 might not value the 4th OA like the Canucks would.  

This would fix the oilers defence and with this trade Edmonton turns the corner.  

For Vancouver...

We have so many options if this deal is made, plus with the Gudbranson trade, maybe we go out and grab right handed OFD to give Edler his mojo back.  JB drafts his favourite two players, and sets us up nicely for the future... Or uses the 4th and 5th to trade up to the 3rd + from Columbus and grab JP.  

This may not be enough, but no team is going to give Edmonton fair value for a RHD.  They will have to over pay.  This could be a win win for both teams.  

Nope on the Yak, too 1 dimensional, his game won't fit ours.

Tanev is worth a high 2nd rounder tops, he's awesome, but just not worth the goods you are suggesting. 

I agree that Edmonton will trade their pick for a blue liner, but I'm betting the big C is already lining up a blockbuster trade that may land 1 PK Subban in Edmonton and it will probably also involve one of Edmontons star forwards.

5 minutes ago, Raymond Luxury Yacht said:

Tanev is not being traded.  He is also not worth the 4th overall pick...let alone adding Yakupov.  Drouin is going nowhere, and Stamkos is going to be a UFA.

Would it not be good asset management for TBay to resign Stamkos, and trade Druoin for Tanev?  

38 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Would it not be good asset management for TBay to resign Stamkos, and trade Druoin for Tanev?  

I guess it really depends on what you get Stamkos to sign for.  I'm basing my opinion on pundits and insiders suggesting Stamkos is looking for 10mil plus per year with max term.  If that is indeed what is going to be what gets him signed, it handcuffs Stevie Y with upcoming RFA signings such as Kucherov and Killorn, also in the next 2 years Palat and Johnson.  I predict Drouin will be a cheaper option and they will use him to keep their core together.  I'm also factoring in T Bay's run this playoffs without Stamkos as further support.

Basically, my gut tells me they will keep Drouin, but it also tells me to eat terrible food that gives me the runs, so clearly my gut is no Stephen Hawking.

7 hours ago, Dral said:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Vey, Rodin

Edler - (hammer?)

Hutton - Gudbranson

Tryamkin - Larson

Granlund between two prima donnas? no thanks, even with their projected talent scope. 

On 30/05/2016 at 11:09 AM, Type R said:

Nope on the Yak, too 1 dimensional, his game won't fit ours.

Tanev is worth a high 2nd rounder tops, he's awesome, but just not worth the goods you are suggesting. 

I agree that Edmonton will trade their pick for a blue liner, but I'm betting the big C is already lining up a blockbuster trade that may land 1 PK Subban in Edmonton and it will probably also involve one of Edmontons star forwards.

I would gladly trade our second rounders for the next 3 years for 3 more Tanevs

1 minute ago, shazzam said:

I would gladly trade our second rounders for the next 3 years for 3 more Tanevs

I get your sarcasm.  Tanev is worth A LOT in trade.  There is NO CHANCE we trade him though.  He's too good, especially since we have Gudbranson.  That will take a lot of pressure off Tanev.

Tanev is worth a lot which is why I used him for this discussion. I wanted to see people's thoughts on his worth and what it would take to get Edmontons' pick. Tanev I believed would be close maybe with some tweaking, I believed this based on Edmontons giving nyi a first (16) and second (33) for Reinhart who was a 4 ov in 2012, Calgary gave a first and two seconds for Hamilton  Edmonton needs defence more than another young forward Tanev's a good fit with high value, he's young and reasonable priced for the next while. I see people believe Van would have to add so what would that be Hansen + ?

Id still like Yakupov in  a  deal as well. People are really down on him, I think he's a great gamble for the Canucks and a good fit for this retool. He got most of his points in about a month period when through injuries he got to play with McDavid I think him on the Canucks would  give him the opportunity to produce, look at how Schultz is doin in pits now. Yakupovs contract is up this year as well which = more motivation. He did well in the beginning with Edmonton then  Eakan (sp) got to him, I think he's going to be a scorer for someone the Canucks have good leadership with the Sedins = a low risk gamble /high reward. 

The 5th ov trade for Drouin was the starting point of a discussion, it I believed was a strong start considering in 2 years or so it may completely replace Drouin talent wise on its own ( yes a prospect is a gamble). Tampa has cap issues especially if the cap isn't goin up. Now if they don't sign Stamko and keep Drouin Tampa they are better off I agree, but Stamko is their guy and Tampa may not make the best choice plus I'd rather the Canucks take Douin than Stamkos for 10+ million it would be. So for the discussion the plus what ? I'd give up next years 1st unprotected if that's what it took + maybe take a bad contract back if it would work out.

Archived