The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Redrafting the 2003 Draft

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I don't know where this goes.

The 2003 draft was probably the deepest draft year ever, and to pass the time I would like to read your thoughts about drafting in the 2003 draft. You can do a top 30 or more. Here is mine in order.

Joe Pavelski, Brent Burns, Ryan Getzlaf, Zach Parise, Corey Perry, Shea Weber, Ryan Suter, Patrice Bergeron, Marc-Andre-Fluery, Jeff Carter, Ryan Kesler, Eric Staal, Dustin Byfuglien, David Backes, Corey Crawford, Brent Seabrook, Dion Phaneuf, Dustin Brown, Matt Moulson, Jaroslav Halak, Loui Eriksson, Brian Elliot, Mike Richards, Jimmy Howard, Thomas Vanek, Tobias Enstrom, Lee Stempniak, Brian Boyle, Eric Fehr, Sergei Kostitsyn

Have fun

40 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Not to be mean, but your list looks like it is based off 2015 and that is it. The CDC one is the best one I have seen on here. ^^^^

Pavelski didn't make top 10. Eric Staal is in the top 10!!! Obviously not the best list.

2 hours ago, ItsMillerTime said:

Pavelski didn't make top 10. Eric Staal is in the top 10!!! Obviously not the best list.

Eric Staal was a legitimate first line center for 9 straight seasons, including a 100 point season in which he also had 28 points in 25 playoff games to win the cup.

Pavelski only had 5 seasons of first line production out of 9 seasons.

2 minutes ago, Time Lord said:

Eric Staal was a legitimate first line center for 9 straight seasons, including a 100 point season in which he also had 28 points in 25 playoff games to win the cup.

Millertime probably wasnt old enough to remember Staal's prime. I side with Timelord on this one. A stanley cup plus numerous productive seasons, Staal has to be in the top 10. 

6 hours ago, ItsMillerTime said:

Currently, Pavelski is light-years ahead of Staal, but career-wise, Staal is much better.        

That draft class looks even better with a year's hindsight. How teams failed to hit a home run in the top 10 is anyone's guess :lol:

9 hours ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

Millertime probably wasnt old enough to remember Staal's prime. I side with Timelord on this one. A stanley cup plus numerous productive seasons, Staal has to be in the top 10. 

I didn't like hockey in the 2000s started watching in 2012.

9 hours ago, Time Lord said:

Also I bet if Pavelski had the same ice time and having to play with good players he would be up there in points. He was like a 6th round pick. Also if Staal has 200 more games and they would be almost the same for points if Pavelski had 200 more games.

Also I bet if Pavelski had the same ice time and having to play with good players he would be up there in points. He was like a 6th round pick. Also if Staal has 200 more games and they would be almost the same for points if Pavelski had 200 more games.

If Eric Staal had decent linemates he'd be too far ahead for Pavelski to catch up. Carolina won their cup on his / Cam Ward's backs, not through depth.

5 hours ago, Captain Woodget said:

If Eric Staal had decent linemates he'd be too far ahead for Pavelski to catch up. Carolina won their cup on his / Cam Ward's backs, not through depth.

There was 3 guys on the team with over 70 points other then Eric Staal.

Archived