The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Houston Teacher has sex with student, 13, who impregnated her

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/alexandria-vera-docs-teacher-had-sex-with-student-13-who-impregnated-her/

HOUSTON - A Houston-area teacher accused of having a sexual relationship with a 13-year-old boy who officials say impregnated her has turned herself in to authorities, reports CBS affiliate KHOU.

An arrest warrant had been issued for 24-year-old Alexandria Vera, who was an English teacher in the Aldine School District. The boy was an 8th-grade student she met last summer. Vera turned herself in Wednesday morning in Conroe, the station reports. She is charged with continuous sex abuse of a child.

Court documents allege she was introduced to his family as the boy's girlfriend, and the woman said that his parents supported the relationship and invited her to family gatherings. She reportedly said she told a school district investigator the family was "very supportive and excited" when she disclosed her pregnancy. She allegedly said she and the boy "love each other."

According to the probable cause document, she aborted the pregnancy after a child welfare investigator questioned her in February about the relationship, which she denied at the time.

Students told KHOU they remember Vera as the "cool teacher" who let kids at Stovall Middle School use cell phones in class. They say they long suspected her to be romantically involved with the student, who prosecutors say was 13 at the time of the alleged crimes and is now 14. School officials say she was removed from the school and placed on leave in April. The district is in the process of terminating her employment, the station reports.

"Aldine ISD Police investigated the incident and turned their findings over to the Harris County District Attorney's Office," the district said in a statement. "The safety and security of Aldine ISD's students and staff remains a priority of the school district." Citing the court documents, KHOU reports Vera told investigators she had sex with the boy almost daily for nine months. She reportedly said the two met in summer school and then grew close the following school year.

Vera's bond was set at $100,000 and she remains in custody, the station reports. Her booking mugshot has not yet been made available.

CBS/AP

I don't understand psychologically what she could get from a 13 year old that she couldn't find in someone of legal age? Seems strange for a young woman who is clearly smart enough to finish post secondary education to not be able to make a connection with someone 18 to 30ish? 

omggggggg this chix is beyond a babe, wow the world has changed. first off 13 year olds aren't even as developed to actually pleasure a women, what the heck girl you went for a 13 year old?

seriously a 13 year old, this chix could get any guy at a club. look at her my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe the 13 yr old guy was the only guy who gave this chikc attention-key word here, many pretty girls are more lonely then average girls because alot of guys get intimidated by them. This could be the case of that, or could be a case of a rush and control. Her past bfs probably treated her like crap, and maybe this time she wanted that control. BUT my god this chick is a babe.

1 minute ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

omggggggg this chix is beyond a babe, wow the world has changed. first off 13 year olds aren't even as developed to actually pleasure a women, what the heck girl you went for a 13 year old?

seriously a 13 year old, this chix could get any guy at a club. look at her my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe the 13 yr old guy was the only guy who gave this chikc attention-key word here, many pretty girls are more lonely then average girls because alot of guys get intimidated by them. This could be the case of that, or could be a case of a rush and control. Her past bfs probably treated her like crap, and maybe this time she wanted that control. BUT my god this chick is a babe.

Apparently, she's had like 5 students at her house at once before. lol

And if it were say...........the teacher below who impregnated a 13 year old girl would the discussion still be about how 'hot' the teacher was instead of discussing the illegality of having sex with 13 year olds?

Image removed* SN

3 hours ago, Cerridwen said:

And if it were say...........the teacher below who impregnated a 13 year old girl would the discussion still be about how 'hot' the teacher was instead of discussing the illegality of having sex with 13 year olds?

No.

but there is a certain gender demographic here....and I'm sure an age one too.

16 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

She's not that hot.

But to each their own.

8 minutes ago, riffraff said:

No.

but there is a certain gender demographic here....and I'm sure an age one too.

Definite double standard here.

Thank you for responding to my point and showing how it is further applicable here.

Archived