The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Puljujarvi/Tkachuk to miss NHL Combine Fitness Tests

Jesse Puljujarvi and Matthew Tkachuk will miss the NHL Combine fitness tests. Puljujarvi will miss it due to surgery and Tkachuk will miss it due to injury.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/jesse-puljujarvi-miss-nhl-combine-fitness-tests-surgery/

Anyone think this will effect their draft positions?

7 minutes ago, GettinGuddyWithIt said:

Jesse Puljujarvi and Matthew Tkachuk will miss the NHL Combine fitness tests. Puljujarvi will miss it due to surgery and Tkachuk will miss it due to injury.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/jesse-puljujarvi-miss-nhl-combine-fitness-tests-surgery/

Anyone think this will effect their draft positions?

There has been much talk that tkachuk may go up in ranking as a result of his memorial cup performance.  Maybe even to the 3 spot.

12 minutes ago, riffraff said:

There has been much talk that tkachuk may go up in ranking as a result of his memorial cup performance.  Maybe even to the 3 spot.

Which is interesting for Edmonton, Puljujärvi is likely someone they would draft rather than trade down for. I guess we're getting Dubois, nothing wrong with that though, although, I will trade with Montreal if PK comes the other way. 5th OA + Edler for PK.

I didnt want to start another thread, but there were some rumours that CLB might want Logan Brown/Dubois to replace Johansen as a possible future #1 C.  Obviously we can use one ourselves but what would CLB want for Pulj, and would it be worth it for us to trade up.   I was thinking 5OA + Hansen + Grandlund for 3OA + Tutyin(as a cap dump)  We'd have to over pay would it even make sense?  Ownership would love this because Pulj can be in the NHL next year and put more people in seats.

1 minute ago, Kungfudru said:

I didnt want to start another thread, but there were some rumours that CLB might want Logan Brown/Dubois to replace Johansen as a possible future #1 C.  Obviously we can use one ourselves but what would CLB want for Pulj, and would it be worth it for us to trade up.   I was thinking 5OA + Hansen + Grandlund for 3OA Tutyin(as a cap dump)  We'd have to over pay would it even make sense?  Ownership would love this because Pulj can be in the NHL next year and put more people in seats.

Honestly our chances of getting Pulj are very slim. If CBJ wants a centre they would go for Dubois as Brown is WAY too big of a risk to go in the top 3. And after that there's no way EDM will pass on him.

Imagine a line of...

Hall - McDavid - Puljujarvi:o

2 minutes ago, Kungfudru said:

I didnt want to start another thread, but there were some rumours that CLB might want Logan Brown/Dubois to replace Johansen as a possible future #1 C.  Obviously we can use one ourselves but what would CLB want for Pulj, and would it be worth it for us to trade up.   I was thinking 5OA + Hansen + Grandlund for 3OA Tutyin(as a cap dump)  We'd have to over pay would it even make sense?  Ownership would love this because Pulj can be in the NHL next year and put more people in seats.

Interesting idea. Cap-strapped CBJ would make a good trade-partner, with the incentive(we take on a contract) that Van's cap space could provide.

These two teams could make excellent partners in a deal.

8 minutes ago, GettinGuddyWithIt said:

Honestly our chances of getting Pulj are very slim. If CBJ wants a centre they would go for Dubois as Brown is WAY too big of a risk to go in the top 3. And after that there's no way EDM will pass on him.

Imagine a line of...

Hall - McDavid - Puljujarvi:o

Perfect.

Now instead of losing games 6-4, they can lose 7-5.

13 minutes ago, SwedeHockey said:

I doubt the Blue Jackets move the 3rdOA. 

Simpe reaosning, is that Finnish GM won't likely pass up on the opportunity to draft a possible franchise LW, who happens to be Finnish.

But we can send them Grandlund in return:P

15 minutes ago, SwedeHockey said:

Simpe reaosning, is that Finnish GM won't likely pass up on the opportunity to draft a possible franchise LW, who happens to be Finnish.

He's actually a RW but I see your point and it would make a lot of sense to not pass on a franchise player who is Finnish 

Van sends: 5OA pick, Hansen, let CBJ keep their 2nd(Torts-thing), + mediocre prospect(Cassels?)

CBJ: 3rd OA & Hartnell.

Hartnell's 34, with 3 yrs remaining. Also has a NMC, which could be a prob at expansion draft.

This value here is hard to gauge, but it must be acknowledged that Van would be helping them out too(retaining their 2nd; cap-relief).

How wide is the gap between the Finnish kid(Pulj) & Dubois?

3 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Van sends: 5OA pick, Hansen, let CBJ keep their 2nd(Torts-thing), + mediocre prospect(Cassels?)

CBJ: 3rd OA & Hartnell.

Hartnell's 34, with 3 yrs remaining. Also has a NMC, which could be a prob at expansion draft.

This value here is hard to gauge, but it must be acknowledged that Van would be helping them out too(retaining their 2nd; cap-relief).

How wide is the gap between the Finnish kid(Pulj) & Dubois?

The 4th 2nd round pick given up in 2 years? People on here would be losing their minds!

I honestly don't think it's worth it when you consider Hansen could probably get us a late 1st. In my mind Dubois and a D-man like Fabbro or Johansen is worth more than Puljujarvi to us. Especially when you consider the fact that he's a left winger and we already have Boeser and Virtanen on that side.

33 minutes ago, SwedeHockey said:

So you're saying that if the Finnish GM does not draft the Finnish LW, he'll be finished as a GM?

Archived