The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(REPORTS) Canucks interview Dante Fabbro early, at the combine.

CHYCHRUN

1 hour ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

Benning will find a way to disappoint the fanbase at the draft.

Why do you say that Desi?  Don't you think JB has drafted well with his two kicks at the can here?  Or, are we do used to previous GMs drafting so horribly, that just makes JB's picks look better than they truly are?

4 hours ago, Zoolander said:

We've been spoiled recently with 5 1st rounders in the last 3 years...  but I can see Benning pulling the trigger on a deal to get a first pairing guy like Fabbro.

We need it.

People need to remember this when crying over traded 2nd rounders.

3 hours ago, Winter Soldier said:

And of course, with CDC being how it is, people will read the title and be like WE'RE GETTING FABBRO BOYS.

Followed by massive disappointment and titles of BENNING SUCKZ! if the Canucks don't make a trade to get him.

2 hours ago, Rocksterh8 said:

Would you rather them draft Jost and Fabbro or Dubios 

Jost and Fabbro 10/10 times.

I've watched them play for a while.  They're magical on the ice together.  Skilled C skilled RHD.  Neither available for 2-3 years and one to play with Boeser for a season or two in NCAA.

Yes please 

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Jost and Fabbro 10/10 times.

I've watched them play for a while.  They're magical on the ice together.  Skilled C skilled RHD.  Neither available for 2-3 years and one to play with Boeser for a season or two in NCAA.

Yes please 

I know Jost is scheduled to play university but is Fabbro as well? 

7 minutes ago, CHYCHRUN said:

I know Jost is scheduled to play university but is Fabbro as well? 

I think Fabbro is going to play for Boston U..this is the only thing I dont like..you wont see either of them in a Canuck uni for 2-3 years..Dubois could conceivably he here in a year.

5 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Not great with our current assets.

Unless one of Tanev or Edler were in play (they'd command a first plus additional assets), or maybe Hansen (for a late first, or early second plus another piece).

Sbisa (maybe plus another piece) might get us a 2nd or 3rd from a team needing to add D.

As for ships already sailed: assets from Hamhuis (at TDL) and Shinkaruk (if traded between now and the draft) probably would have been enough to secure a late first as well. Not trying to beat a dead horse, just saying it might have worked if things played out that way.

Back to reality: we could also move 2017 or 2018 picks but you usually don't get good value for future draft years so I wouldn't recommend it.

Probably something centred around Hansen is the best bet, much as I hate to say it. But if we sign one of the good UFA wingers, we could afford to cash in on Hansen's value and acquire a second 1st round pick, without sacrificing much of our current roster quality.

Rodin may take Hansens spot. I hate to say it , but they just might be dangling him 

11 minutes ago, CHYCHRUN said:

Yes, it was reported on via 2 sources. Look'em up. It's right there on the InterWeb.

Nah. It's incumbent upon YOU to provide the links or the "reports" don't exist.

2 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

Nah. It's incumbent upon YOU to provide the links or the "reports" don't exist.

"Reports" is a term used regularly in sports media, social media as well. I know you've been a long time attendant at the CDC but a little new blood, new wording used shouldn't be frowned upon.

And really, we don't need to post links in today's era do we or are u still on a dial up?

I don't see links to every Canuck news topic but it's incumbent of u to point blame. 

That said, I will add the links once I'm finishing my Molson.... or 2.

4 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

We'll go off the board and draft Fabbro.

We are not drafting Fabbro,with #5 pick and I can't see Benning trading for him, he is not that special...

Dubois or Tkachuk will be a canuck with !st pick, either will be great top 6 forward in a few years..

Might see Benning try and make a trade for late 1st round pick or early 2nd round pick..

Should be lots of players moving between June 22nd and June 24th it will be exciting..

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

29 minutes ago, CHYCHRUN said:

"Reports" is a term used regularly in sports media, social media as well. I know you've been a long time attendant at the CDC but a little new blood, new wording used shouldn't be frowned upon.

And really, we don't need to post links in today's era do we or are u still on a dial up?

I don't see links to every Canuck news topic but it's incumbent of u to point blame. 

That said, I will add the links once I'm finishing my Molson.... or 2.

Btw, Benning in the video on the main page mentions they've been interviewing 12 to 15 kids per day, so why do you think it's "news" that they interviewed Fabbro. So don't bother posting links. This thread will be locked soon anyways.

Archived