The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Opening music.. Time to become more 'hip'

MeanSeanBean

What iconic hip song would you like to see our boys skate out to?   

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

While watching the sharks game I was amazed with the energy that Metallica produced with the home crowd. I get it was also the first home game of the finals, but the energy was incredible. I miss having U2 build and build until the canucks hit the ice. It worked for me and I miss that energy to start the game. 

With the devastating news regarding Gordon Downie recently, it would be an incredible memorial to arguably Canada's greatest band to be honoured in pregame skate. I would love to see our great white celebrated and attempt to create a more joyous unity with the crowd. If you guys are anything like me, and music shaped who you are I'm sure the Tragically Hip played a big role in your life's aswell. 

I'm open to suggestions if another Canadian band comes to mind, Rush? 54-40? The guess who?.... Nickle Back? 

For the record, I vote Little Bones, I would vote the 100th Meridian... If we were the Jets. 

Lay it on me CDC

Back in 94 we had awesome entrance music, I was pumped after the entrance! Couldnt wait for Bure to skate end to end and blast one through on his patented forehand backhand deke. 

I guess the style of team dictates the entrance, hence U2 and coldplay being the music for the 2000 era canucks. Great music, but soft as butter! 

13 minutes ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

Back in 94 we had awesome entrance music, I was pumped after the entrance! Couldnt wait for Bure to skate end to end and blast one through on his patented forehand backhand deke. 

I guess the style of team dictates the entrance, hence U2 and coldplay being the music for the 2000 era canucks. Great music, but soft as butter! 

Well it's a new era. A grittier, more proud version of the Canucks. I feel the team being constructed would suit the Hip, not to mention the amount of fantastic Canadian talent coming up with the canucks right now. 

41 minutes ago, Bandwagon38 said:

Our Lady Peace --- Starseed

Pump out that one and the fans will be tearing down the glass pregame.  It would be awesome!!!

Great song, I just wish we could pick a band or musician from Vancouver, too bad none of them play that kind of music

2 hours ago, shayster007 said:

While watching the sharks game I was amazed with the energy that Metallica produced with the home crowd. I get it was also the first home game of the finals, but the energy was incredible. I miss having U2 build and build until the canucks hit the ice. It worked for me and I miss that energy to start the game. 

With the devastating news regarding Gordon Downie recently, it would be an incredible memorial to arguably Canada's greatest band to be honoured in pregame skate. I would love to see our great white celebrated and attempt to create a more joyous unity with the crowd. If you guys are anything like me, and music shaped who you are I'm sure the Tragically Hip played a big role in your life's aswell. 

I'm open to suggestions if another Canadian band comes to mind, Rush? 54-40? The guess who?.... Nickle Back? 

For the record, I vote Little Bones, I would vote the 100th Meridian... If we were the Jets. 

Lay it on me CDC

I'm with you on the Metallica, heavier stuff gets people pumped.  It's hockey, hard hitting, aggressive, fast, exciting,  all the same things as heavier music. 

Probably dating myself here but the most intimidating intro music would be the 2 minute intro to Holiday in Cambodia by The Dead Kennedys.  Not very politically correct but sure gets the hairs standing on the back of your neck.

Archived