The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Opening music.. Time to become more 'hip'

MeanSeanBean

What iconic hip song would you like to see our boys skate out to?   

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, canuktravella said:

vapor trails, bobcaygeon, 38yrs old

Vapor trails is a fantastic choice. Good call bud. I do not feel the same way with the 2 hip songs you suggested. Fantastic songs, in fact bobcaygeon is one of my favourite songs of all time. But it is by no means a pump up song. Nor is 38 years old, and the message behind that song is actually very sad. 

1 hour ago, steviewonder20 said:

What about letting the players choose what gets THEM pumped up the most?

Not to sound like a know it all, but we literally did that already bud. Players choose their own goal song, and it's a fantastic addition to the atmosphere creating a personal stamp on each goal scored in the area. But I see where you're coming from, it would be neat if the players themselves had a team meeting and decided what song they would skate out too. I would totally be into that. 

4 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

Not to sound like a know it all, but we literally did that already bud. Players choose their own goal song, and it's a fantastic addition to the atmosphere creating a personal stamp on each goal scored in the area. But I see where you're coming from, it would be neat if the players themselves had a team meeting and decided what song they would skate out too. I would totally be into that. 

I disagree, I couldn't stand the player goal songs, it sounded as if they just played regular music.  Nothing pumps up the crowd more after scoring a goal then some twangy country music song.  Having a true goal song gets the crowd into it and gets on the other teams, the player goal songs have been a bust for the crowd, the energy and doesn't do anything for the other team.

Go back to the Chicago method, have a song that drives the other team nuts; best goal song in the league.

Instead of mainstream rock, the Canucks should embrace the north more with the intro.

first 2 mins prior to vocals: some of the best most underrated musicians on the planet in this band:

Mix it with some gorgeous blue and purple lights from the fancy light up Stantions and it could easily be the greatest intro in hockey.

I I wish I was the Canucks sound engineer so badly, the games would be a lot more entertaining for the fans in the crowd.

edit: I guess I should say in regards to the topic more, my condolences to the HIP but I'm not a fan of their music and people die every day so I'm not overly more torn up for him then I am for the people who passed away as I wrote this post, may they all rest in peace.

6 hours ago, IbanezRG said:

Instead of mainstream rock, the Canucks should embrace the north more with the intro.

first 2 mins prior to vocals: some of the best most underrated musicians on the planet in this band:

Mix it with some gorgeous blue and purple lights from the fancy light up Stantions and it could easily be the greatest intro in hockey.

I I wish I was the Canucks sound engineer so badly, the games would be a lot more entertaining for the fans in the crowd.

edit: I guess I should say in regards to the topic more, my condolences to the HIP but I'm not a fan of their music and people die every day so I'm not overly more torn up for him then I am for the people who passed away as I wrote this post, may they all rest in peace.

Wintersun are badass for the style of music they play. 

As far as music is concerned, if you have ten people there will be at lest that many different opinions about what is preferable. I think that going to a hockey game and disagreeing about the music is like going to a banquet and arguing about the cutlery. I'd be willing to bet that most people could care less about the music, don't recognize a lot of it, and don't feel anything for the rest.

Here's an idea for those who can't bear to sit through the game without adding a musical soundtrack:

1. Record all the songs you'd like to hear on an mp3 player.

2. When the play stops, turn on the next song on the list and listen on your noise-cancelling headphones..

3. Enjoy the game in your own little private world.

Added bonus: If everybody did this, it would leave some quiet moments for people to actually talk between whistles.

46 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

As far as music is concerned, if you have ten people there will be at lest that many different opinions about what is preferable. I think that going to a hockey game and disagreeing about the music is like going to a banquet and arguing about the cutlery. I'd be willing to bet that most people could care less about the music, don't recognize a lot of it, and don't feel anything for the rest.

Here's an idea for those who can't bear to sit through the game without adding a musical soundtrack:

1. Record all the songs you'd like to hear on an mp3 player.

2. When the play stops, turn on the next song on the list and listen on your noise-cancelling headphones..

3. Enjoy the game in your own little private world.

Added bonus: If everybody did this, it would leave some quiet moments for people to actually talk between whistles.

If if I can talk between whistles during a JETS game then it's absolutely no issue for Canucks games haha 

On 6/5/2016 at 0:02 AM, mpt said:

Great song, I just wish we could pick a band or musician from Vancouver, too bad none of them play that kind of music

is there a daniel wesley song that would be a great intro?

On June 5, 2016 at 0:02 AM, mpt said:

Great song, I just wish we could pick a band or musician from Vancouver, too bad none of them play that kind of music

That would make for a great contest, ala the new HNIC song.  That was decided by contest.  Open it up to all of British Columbia.  Let's see what kind of talent resides here.

Local content? Like Sarah McLaughlen? LOL Nope, has to be either AC/DC or Metallica. Something to get the players (and fans) ready for battle.

Or Roots Bloody Roots by Sepultura!  Y'know, roots, like all the trees in Stanley park have lol

On 05/06/2016 at 10:40 AM, surtur said:

A Vancouver band who loves hockey and plays edgy music....... 

How about these guys 

Yes! Was just gunna suggest thsee guys. Cam pipes huge canucks fan and a hell of a singer. My favorite band of all time believe it or not. Local and kick ass music.. too bad they broke up but still awesome. 

Archived