The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Opening music.. Time to become more 'hip'

MeanSeanBean

What iconic hip song would you like to see our boys skate out to?   

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 minutes ago, Swedish elite3 said:

Yes! Was just gunna suggest thsee guys. Cam pipes huge canucks fan and a hell of a singer. My favorite band of all time believe it or not. Local and kick ass music.. too bad they broke up but still awesome. 

I have seen them a couple time when they came up to PG. Awesome guys and a killer band.

On June 5, 2016 at 0:02 AM, mpt said:

Great song, I just wish we could pick a band or musician from Vancouver, too bad none of them play that kind of music

They briefly used Japandroids - The House That Heaven Built after a fan-vote a few years ago. Not sure why it didn't stick, excellent Vancouver band and very hype-inducing.

The Hip obviously scream Canadiana, but Vancouver certainly ain't the most "Canadian" city in Canada...

50 minutes ago, davydgoliath said:

Since we should have a big bruising team this coming season, its only fitting that we should play something intimidating and hard to set the mood. Let the leafs skate out to the hip.  

If You Fear Dying - One Day As A Lion

5 hours ago, surtur said:

I have seen them a couple time when they came up to PG. Awesome guys and a killer band.

Ya saw the last 2 shows down in vanthat was killer. was never old enough to see them in kamloops before they shut it down there for a whIle. Anyways it's a crime not having any 3iob play at Rogers arena great local music and even have Leave it on the Ice. Perfect 

I can't tell the difference between Tragically Hip songs. Everything they have ever done sounds like 1 long song. 

Edit: I'd also like to add that never in the history of the +/- 49,000 entrance song threads has any 2 or more people agreed on 1 song.

The thread usually ends up being everyone pushing their horrible taste in music. Nobody actually watches the videos posted, they just reply with more equally horrific videos. 

18 hours ago, apollo said:

Forget the garbage fans that attend the games. Have the team pick a song that pumps them up most collectively. 

That would likely go along the lines of fans agreeing on a team logo. :lol:

Got one chance, infiltrate them
Get it right, terminate them
The Panzers will, permeate them
Break their pride, denigrate them
And their people, retrograde them
Typhus, deteriate them
Epidemic, devastate them
Take no prisoners, cremate them

Archived