The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Retreaded Trades (Proposals)

So I am not suggesting these are the greatest trades, nor ones that would be a guarantee to be accepted, but I and others have suggested the first, the second one is my latest creation!

#1. Multiple Trades

Vancouver Trades 2016 - #5 OA and Sbisa for Arizona's 2016 - 7th OA and 20th OA

and

Vancouver Trades Edler, Hansen and Dorsett for Boston's 2016 - 14th OA and 2016 - 29th OA

#2. Going for the future

Vancouver trades Edler, Hansen and Etem to Edmonton for 2016 - 4th OA

So here is my rationale.............

Trades #1 

It is s really all about the future, and the players to be replaced can either be replaced from within or replaced via Free Agency. For the Canucks it is a definitive move, and one that states "Rebuild" now! This is the proper way to rebuild and considering the talent in this draft, it should exspediate the process quickly......2017 Draft looks to be a capper, if the Canucks go this route, it should allow the Canucks to then focus on a more passive rebuild and one that would include the signing of some high end UFA's (This is what the Canucks should do, even if they have to pay some of the salary.)

For Arizona, this gives them a premium player and a chance at a home town kid ( either Dubois or Tkachuk is worth giving up the 20th )

For Boston it gives them some really good depth, that makes them an instant top 10 team...if the Canucks have to pay salary...fine!

Trade #2

This again is about the future for the Canucks and the "Now" for Edmonton. I often wonder how long Edmonton has with the first wave of their their prospects.......(Hall, RNH and Eberle) Again we could hold salary if needed, but we get a possible 3rd if we have to do that...this gives Edmonton a instant playoff berth and the Canucks an instant bottom 3 pick. "IF" they so choose! Edmonton has enough talent to move around for anything else they need, which should not be much!

Either way we go, we give away a lot of talent, and It IS ALL FUTURES for us!

I personally like Trade #2, as a line of Tkachuck/Dubois/Boeser  (number one line), has a lot of potential........

The 2017 draft looks like top 3 OA, 31st OA, and Columbus's 2nd 40th OA?

That is a hell of a lot of addition in the next 2 years!

5 hours ago, ItsMillerTime said:

For some reason I think Edmonton won't accept Edler a top 4 dmen Hansen a top 6/9 forward Sbisa a top 6 dmen. 

If I was them I would. They need players that can play now, not draft picks, and if the players are proven vets so much the better. Edler and Hansen both fit their needs well and so do Dorsett/Sbisa. They need defense, defensive forwards, veteran leadership and toughness much more so than another draft pick. 

3 hours ago, BI3KSA- said:

If I was them I would. They need players that can play now, not draft picks, and if the players are proven vets so much the better. Edler and Hansen both fit their needs well and so do Dorsett/Sbisa. They need defense, defensive forwards, veteran leadership and toughness much more so than another draft pick. 

They can more from a team then just Edler Hansen and sbisa. They could use Shattenkirk.

20 minutes ago, ItsMillerTime said:

They can more from a team then just Edler Hansen and sbisa. They could use Shattenkirk.

I totally understand your argument, and it is a good one. My reasoning is the same as Bi3SKA's really.

My though process is there are not a lot of Dmen on the market of Edlers pedigree   (he is a 1/2 and not a 2/3, and definitely not a real #1), but with the addition of Hansen and a Etem/Dorsett, it gives you backbone and hustle. Both the Canuck lesser players by themselves make Edmonton better, the addition of Edler gives them consistency at a higher level.

I may be in the minority, but I think an Edler,Hansen and Dorsett/Etem make the Oilers much better than the addition of just Shattenkirk. And I also think that the Oilers will be a top 12 - 14 team or pretty close and the only thing that will fall them is injuries.........

There would no one stronger in the league down the middle than McDavid/RNH/Draisaitl, and with the addition of a much more consistent winger corp and atop end defenseman, it should put them in a much better light.

I think that is worth a 4th OA, we may have to take some salary, but it would be worth it, long term!

14 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

#1. Multiple Trades

Vancouver Trades 2016 - #5 OA and Sbisa for Arizona's 2016 - 7th OA and 20th OA

and

Vancouver Trades Edler, Hansen and Dorsett for Boston's 2016 - 14th OA and 2016 - 29th OA

would make these a bit simpler: Trade Edler to Arizona for their 7th, and Vancouver retains portion of E's salary. Trade Sbisa, Hansen and Etem to Boston for their 14th and a 49 OA.

4 hours ago, 1994_fan said:

would make these a bit simpler: Trade Edler to Arizona for their 7th, and Vancouver retains portion of E's salary. Trade Sbisa, Hansen and Etem to Boston for their 14th and a 49 OA.

Edler won't get a 7th. Sbisa Hansen and Etem maybe but I think bruins need better d and on cheap contracts. Sbisa has a giant contract

Archived