The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Chances of Puljujarvi dropping down?

harjnijh

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

1. Auston Matthews

2. Patrik Laine

3. Jesse Puljujärvi

The top three order selection is guaranteed to be that way. After that, it could change. 

Matthews

Laine

the top is guaranteed to be that way.  After that, it's a mix.

Just now, Alflives said:

Matthews

Laine

the top is guaranteed to be that way.  After that, it's a mix.

It would be a mistake for a team to not take Jesse Puljujärvi at third, especially if the Blue Jackets decide to keep their pick. There's a Finnish connection there between Blue Jackets' GM and the prospect.

I think there is only a very small chance CBJ would select Tkachuk and the Oil pick Puljujarvi, the knee surgery could affect that decision, but I doubt that will happen.  I don't know what the odds on that would be, but it would be a longshot.  If it happened, then what are the odds Benning would/could trade the 5th and ??? for the 4th.  If the Oil could get Puljujarvi at 4th, I don't think they would even remotely consider trading the pick.  It would certainly take a massive overpayment.  

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It would be a mistake for a team to not take Jesse Puljujärvi at third, especially if the Blue Jackets decide to keep their pick. There's a Finnish connection there between Blue Jackets' GM and the prospect.

You opinion - no?  IMHAO, Columbus might take Tkatchuk.  He's an American boy, who's name their fans can pronounce.  Plus he's really good.  

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You opinion - no?  IMHAO, Columbus might take Tkatchuk.  He's an American boy, who's name their fans can pronounce.  Plus he's really good.  

My opinion, yes. But if you ask most people on here, they would say the same thing. The only reason I could think of Blue Jackets not taking Puljujärvi is because of his injury. But it wouldn't make sense taking Tkachuk instead of Puljujärvi because Tkachuk also suffered an injury during the Knights’ OHL playoff series against the IceDogs.

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

My opinion, yes. But if you ask most people on here, they would say the same thing. The only reason I could think of Blue Jackets not taking Puljujärvi is because of his injury. But it wouldn't make sense taking Tkachuk instead of Puljujärvi because Tkachuk also suffered an injury during the Knights’ OHL playoff series against the IceDogs.

That's okay be me.  I really rather they select Puly, and then the Oilers take PLD, leaving us to trade Tkatchuk to Arizona for picks 7 and 20.    However there is a chance Columbus takes Tkatchuk.  I hope not, but it could happen, regardless of what we post here.

57 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

The CBJ GM is a Fin, so less than zero unfortunately. The fan base is already calling him the next Nash as well. It might happen with another GM, but not this one, even if it is the right call. 

We have a better chance of trying to steal Seth Jones from them via an offer sheet, since it sounds like the cap won't go up and CBJ only has <3 mil in cap space if that happens. 

Thanks for the extra information about the GM. But is it possible for a probability to be less than zero?

I appreciate the optimism of the OP, though.

Right now, I just hope Benning does not get creative. Dubois is likely to be available at #5. If not, we take Tkachuk. Either way we get a guy who is very likely to be a future 1st liner (and a much better pick than Virtanen at #6 two years ago). We all like Bo, and he has done well since being drafted at #9 and probably goes  higher than 9 in the re-draft, but either Tkachuk or Dubois looks like the best pick the Canucks have had since the Sedins.

So, like I said, let's not get creative. Let's just thank the hockey goods for giving us an excellent player in this year's draft and continue.

Also, I really hope Benning uses the Canucks' cap space wisely. I am a lot less confident there than I am with his evaluations of prospect talent.

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That's okay be me.  I really rather they select Puly, and then the Oilers take PLD, leaving us to trade Tkatchuk to Arizona for picks 7 and 20.    However there is a chance Columbus takes Tkatchuk.  I hope not, but it could happen, regardless of what we post here.

So Tkachuck for Juolevi +?? Most of the big Cs are gone by 20. 

1 minute ago, JamesB said:

Thanks for the extra information about the GM. But is it possible for a probability to be less than zero?

I appreciate the optimism of the OP, though.

Right now, I just hope Benning does not get creative. Dubois is likely to be available at #5. If not, we take Tkachuk. Either way we get a guy who is very likely to be a future 1st liner (and a much better pick than Virtanen at #6 two years ago). We all like Bo, and he has done well since being drafted at #9 and probably goes  higher than 9 in the re-draft, but either Tkachuk or Dubois looks like the best pick the Canucks have had since the Sedins.

So, like I said, let's not get creative. Let's just thank the hockey goods for giving us an excellent player in this year's draft and continue.

Also, I really hope Benning uses the Canucks' cap space wisely. I am a lot less confident there than I am with his evaluations of prospect talent.

I really like our choices - Tkachuck has shown a lot of skill and character already, or we get the #1 north american skater. win or win. 

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

So Tkachuck for Juolevi +?? Most of the big Cs are gone by 20. 

Logan Brown at 7, or Jost if Cowtown takes Brown.  Then at 20 JB does his magic and grabs a player like McCann or Boeser.  ::D 

Archived