The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hansen MUST be traded this summer and here's why

CHYCHRUN

41 minutes ago, The Great 8 said:

Haha a second? I know people tend to overvalue our players but you are undervaluing Hansen a lot. 2nd + a prospect or a late first

Haha for a 30 year old 30 point getter?  Good luck.

You know we're talking a sports team, that's trying to win. Not balance a portfolio with the best investments right?

We drafted him at 9th round (Which they don't even have now) 287 overall. 

I think even if his stock dropped where we'd get a 3rd round pick for him we're miles ahead considering he was drafted. And we've gotten 222 points from him as a career.  

The club needs some kind of offence this year. So logic stands let's trade 22 goals and 38 points for a 2nd rounder? who has a 30% of making it?  If Columbus offered 3rd overall for Sbisa, their Torts pick, and Hansen then I think we're all ears. We can always trade him at the trade deadline when his value would be higher for teams looking to make a playoff push anyways.

I love Hansen.  I am sure if we keep him we might be able to compete for 9th or 10th  place .   That will be awesome and will keep season ticket holders strung along for the ride.

Great strategy.    

Just now, mpt said:

Haha for a 30 year old 30 point getter?  Good luck.

Last I check Toronto got a 2nd for Winnik and if you don't believe Hansen is better than Winnik in every facet of the game you are crazy. 30 y/o is also considered a players prime. The sedums had their best years in their late 20's early 30's.

Chara was drafted 3rd round.

We as a club need as many round 1-4 picks as possible..... you never know when you can hit a homerun.

The more picks the better.... WE HAVE to start collecting extra picks in all the early rounds...   Increase our chances.....

He must not be traded.  He's everything you want in a player and a culture-carrier.  He's irreplaceable.  He'll age well because he's so fast.  He's a huge mentor, and a huge contributor in all parts of the game.  True heart.  True grit.  True Canuck.  

HANDS OFF HANSEN!!!!!

4 minutes ago, The Great 8 said:

Last I check Toronto got a 2nd for Winnik and if you don't believe Hansen is better than Winnik in every facet of the game you are crazy. 30 y/o is also considered a players prime. The sedums had their best years in their late 20's early 30's.

Lol the 'sedums'

8 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Hansen's numbers aren't "inflated".

Virtually all his production was 5 on 5, and his rate of production with the Sedins was no better than it was without.

If this team added a high end free agent, most of them would wind up on the 2nd line - the only FAs that would wind up on our 1st line would be the 1RW - like Okposo.

The others are primarily left handed shots, left wings, or not necessarily and upgrade (imo Brouwer would be on Sutter's line, Lucic would as well...).

If this team added a guy like Okposo, Hansen playing in the middle six simply makes this team that much better.

This argument might make more sense in the near future when Virtanen and Boeser are forcing their way into the lineup - but at this point it's premature - and the idea of dumping players for picks is a tanking mentality that this team does not share.

This team has no desperate need to add a late pick to the prospect pool - and regardless, Hansen isn't the asset to use to accomplish that.

Hansen's numbers were inflated by virtue of playing with the twins. But his analytics were great in other accounts other than scoring. 

It's not a tanking mentality that I'm after its simply replacement with a ufa that can snipe, wishful thinking yes but it's more enticing for a ufa to come here knowing they got the a spot on the twins line.

Maintaining competitive balance while rebuilding the future... like u said, when Boeser and Co are full-time

this is why i don't like benning as a GM ,he wants to keep hansen so his team can make the play offs and then be one and done again, we've seen this movie too many times and i'm not positive but i believe he has given more draft picks away in two years than gillis did in five . i am not in the least impressed with benning and his trades suck also

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Simple really.

Canucks a rebuilding club.

Winning clubs rebuild through the draft.

We need to move Hansen , Burrows, Miller and Edler and pick up draft picks.  Let our GM do his drafting magic.

Lets build a club that can challenge for a cup. 

It's all black and white when you aren't really a thinker.

5 minutes ago, CHYCHRUN said:

Hansen's numbers were inflated by virtue of playing with the twins. But his analytics were great in other accounts other than scoring. 

It's not a tanking mentality that I'm after its simply replacement with a ufa that can snipe, wishful thinking yes but it's more enticing for a ufa to come here knowing they got the a spot on the twins line.

Maintaining competitive balance while rebuilding the future... like u said, when Boeser and Co are full-time

False and even more false.

You're stating a myth - try basing your opinions in something objective - ie reality.

His "analytics" last season (I'm assuming you mean underlying / possession numbers)  were actually the worst of his career.

6 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Chara was drafted 3rd round.

We as a club need as many round 1-4 picks as possible..... you never know when you can hit a homerun.

The more picks the better.... WE HAVE to start collecting extra picks in all the early rounds...   Increase our chances.....

benning doesn't believe in getting draft picks ,he likes to give them away

1 hour ago, erkayloomeh said:

Do we ever keep a player because he's been a loyal hard working dedicated canuck his whole career?

If players is bad get rid of him right. If a player is good get rid of him right ?

If every single time one of our good dedicated players is traded once he starts to age then what do you think that does to the Horvats of the world when they sign there contracts in there mid twenties.

I am not an advocate of trading players like hansen unless he himself wants to be traded. 

All in all I would think we would come up short

Plus I believe he is one of the leaders on this team and a guy I would want my younger players to emulate.

Keep the honey Badger until he retires. I love the guy.

Nope.  Let's go full-on ASSET MANAGEMENT ANALYTICS COMPUTER HEAD and treat these players like ones and zeros.  I mean, let's keep up with Florida and Arizona right?  

Just now, oldnews said:

False and even more false.

You're stating a myth - try basing your opinions in something objective - ie reality.

His "analytics" (I'm assuming you mean underlying / possession numbers)  were actually worst last year than they've been in a long time, perhaps ever.

Puck retreaval, goal % vs shot, puck possession, PK stats in his zone. 

They were off the charts good last year.

David Backes. UFA No draft pick needed UFA 32 years old and 50 points

Kyle Okposo: UFA, $2.8 million current salary 60 points 28 years old

Milan Lucic: UFA 28 years old  55 points

Andrew Ladd: UFA 30 years old, 47 points

Loui Eriksson UFA 30 years old, 63 points

Mikkel Boedker UFA 26 years old, 51 points

Eric Staal UFA, 31 years old,  39 points

Tony Brouwer, UFA 30 years old, 39 points.

Hansen's value? He's got a cheap contact. But there's also a list of UFA's ahead of him that don't cost a pick, just cap space.

2 minutes ago, CHYCHRUN said:

Puck retreaval, goal % vs shot, puck possession, PK stats in his zone. 

They were off the charts good last year.

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_statistics.php?ds=30&f1=2015_s&f2=5v5&f5=VAN&c=0+1+3+5+4+6+7+8+13+14+29+30+32+33+34+45+46+63+67

Track Hansen's possession numbers backward,

Last year - 59.3% offensive zone starts - by far the highest of his career, -3.01 corsi on.  By far the weakest underlying numbers of Hansen's career.

There is a larger context to it - but your claims are simply not supported by reality - in fact, the objective outcomes flat out contradict and refute what you're attempting to claim - and the same is true of your claim that his production was "inflated".

Honey Badger aint the yard sale flavour of the week.

Archived