The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Hawks looking to move Bickel; Teravainen as the sweetener?

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Taravainen looks like a soft perimiter player to me.  I don't see him as an upgrade on Baer.  

big NO from JB IMHAO, of course.

He needs to be surrounded by the right players, but he did make solid contributions to the last cup they won, I'd love to have him here.

What silliness.

No one's getting TT for taking 1 year of 4m cap dump on Bickell.

Ridiculous. Can't believe anyone would take this seriously. 

There would be a lineup of 29 GMs, pushing each other, jockeying for position at Bowman's door if this was remotely true. 

21 hours ago, Pears said:

"B-b-but Bowman always finds a way!" - Most Hawks fans"

Lol I take it you're a salty Shinkaruk fan boy?

Aha he some how does tho!

im a tad salty on the shink trade too :rolleyes:

On June 10, 2016 at 6:58 AM, R3aL said:

Man losing Saad last summer then Teuvo this summer would make me crazy if I was a Hawks fan 

I would certainly suck but that's the nature of the salary cap. 

I doubt they'll trade Teravainen, they'll need his low cap hit and versatility next season. Personally I'd rather part with a solid prospect than Teuvo. 

TT can play RW, C, and LW as well as playing on the PP and PK. He didn't have the best offensive season last year but he was still a solid contributor. Personally I'd like to see Teuvo stick around for a long time. 

On on a side note, losing Saad hurt but getting Anisimov is return eased the pain somewhat. 

Both guys are signed for one more year.  Moving both saves them almost 4.9 mill. A solid amount to re-sign Shaw and possibly try for Ladd.

However I would not pick Shaw over Terav. Shaw's potential has been reached and while he has many qualities, they are replaceable. Terav has the ability to play in the top 6, potentially replacing a declining Hossa. Problem is Toews still needs a RW.

Hossa's contract is looking more and more ridiculous which, just about everyone, predicted.

If I were Chicago I would be looking to package Bickell, Shaw and Hossa into a RW and some money so they can sign Ladd.

7 minutes ago, insomniac604 said:

Both guys are signed for one more year.  Moving both saves them almost 4.9 mill. A solid amount to re-sign Shaw and possibly try for Ladd.

However I would not pick Shaw over Terav. Shaw's potential has been reached and while he has many qualities, they are replaceable. Terav has the ability to play in the top 6, potentially replacing a declining Hossa. Problem is Toews still needs a RW.

Hossa's contract is looking more and more ridiculous which, just about everyone, predicted.

If I were Chicago I would be looking to package Bickell, Shaw and Hossa into a RW and some money so they can sign Ladd.

With the recapture penalty Hossa isn't going anywhere. Offensively Hossa has dropped off but he still brings a lot to the team. 

Ladd is as good as gone and most Hawks fans are ok with that. 

I'd like the Hawks to be able to keep Shaw but it will depend on how much the cap goes up. If the cap stays flat I think Shaw is gone. 

41 minutes ago, Darth Kane said:

Personally I'd rather part with a solid prospect than Teuvo. 

Any stud all-round or stud offensive D-men prospects in Rockford to give up?  E.g. Ville Pokka?

Also, objectively speaking do you think Bryan would look good alongside the Twins, say as a poor man's power forward for the PP? I mean that would probably be the only reason Vancouver would consider getting him.  Would he have the potential to be a low-cost upgrade?  If he's got the intensity and jam as a big man I'd say sign me up. 

38 minutes ago, Darth Kane said:

With the recapture penalty Hossa isn't going anywhere. Offensively Hossa has dropped off but he still brings a lot to the team. 

Ladd is as good as gone and most Hawks fans are ok with that. 

I'd like the Hawks to be able to keep Shaw but it will depend on how much the cap goes up. If the cap stays flat I think Shaw is gone. 

That's the word now. But things can always change. Shaw is a 2.5mill player, and Bickell has 4 mill. Shaw is asking for a raise and Chicago desperately needs to get Bicks off the books. That would encourage them to sweeten the pot.

Hossa wasn't up to being a top line RW at the end. My bet is that he is being shopped. This would be great time while he is only one year removed from being great. IDK if Chicago wants to risk him sucking for a second year

31 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Any stud all-round or stud offensive D-men prospects in Rockford to give up?  E.g. Ville Pokka?

Also, objectively speaking do you think Bryan would look good alongside the Twins, say as a poor man's power forward for the PP? I mean that would probably be the only reason Vancouver would consider getting him.  Would he have the potential to be a low-cost upgrade?  If he's got the intensity and jam as a big man I'd say sign me up. 

I would rather give up a forward prospect. The Hawks don't have too many good defensive prospects. Pokka had a solid season in Rockford and played very well in the World Championship. Not to mention he was the only AHLer to make a World Cup team. I think Pokka gets a long look at starting on the big club next season. 

Bickell is washed up. The only reason a team trades for him is to get another asset on the cheap. Bickell can't skate and plays with no intensity. The Hawks worked with Bickell and gave him every opportunity to turn things around. At this point Bickell is just an AHLer at best. 

Archived