The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] MIller trading partner

tan

No. 

Miller has 1 last year with the Canucks.

by year's end, Markstrom will be the starter and Demko should be rising in the ranks.

Currently: 

Miller 

Markstrom

Years end:

Marky 

Miller 

Next year:

Markstrom

Demko

8 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I think if we're out of the playoff race then that would be a good time to move him.But if not then keepp him.

Yup. Makes a lot more sense then for all parties. A team looking for goalie depth, heading into the playoffs would be more willing to pull the trigger if we're picking up most of his tab. It would be a lot more cut and dry as far as his No movement Clause is concerned, as he would be choosing among playoff bound teams who are interested.

I agree with Fanuck on Dallas...they need to upgrade their goaltending, and Miller might be the guy to help them advance further in the playoffs.

I think if Markstrom and Miller can share the net for the Canucks until TDL, Miller will have plenty left in the gas tank to give a team like Dallas a lot of help down the stretch and into the playoffs.

West Teams:

Arizona - Smith has just been awful last couple of years, Dominguez has looked ok but is still a really young goalie with limited games

Calgary - Nuff said

East Teams:

Buffalo - If Lehner does his injury act again, I could see Buffalo being interested in a goalie, hard to see Miller going back there so soon after though, took Luongo a decade almost to go back to Flordia.

Not a lot of teams in the market for veteran starters, especially ones in the decline of their careers.

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

Not saying Miller specifically,  but these teams might be looking for goaltending : Buffalo , St Louis,  Dallas and Calgary. 

10 minutes ago, Glory_Days said:

East Teams:

Buffalo - If Lehner does his injury act again, I could see Buffalo being interested in a goalie, hard to see Miller going back there so soon after though, took Luongo a decade almost to go back to Flordia.

Not a lot of teams in the market for veteran starters, especially ones in the decline of their careers.

If Chad Johnson stays with the Sabres as a backup, then the Sabres are set and fine in goal.  If Lehner gets injured early and Johnson is gone then the Sabres would need a band-aid goalie because there's a glut of young goalies in the minors that are only now starting to shake loose (Makarov is as good as gone).  That's the only way that the Sabres would take a flyer on Miller for half or more of a season.

It's doubtful that GMJB will trade Miller though.  The Canucks would all of a sudden find themselves thin at that position.

1. No tags makes elvis unhappy
  2. The post wasn't much better quality than the title

Other than that, not too.. nah, it's still terrible. Miller isn't just tradeable anywhere. He'd like to play still I'm sure but has made enough money and is on the tail end of his career with a new baby and wife who works in California. He's certainly not going to go back to Buffalo, Dallas and Calgary are too far as well, and Arizona has no way to move Smith so could never afford him. The only thing that could work is if San Jose doesn't stick with Reimer behind Jones and would take Miller with us retaining cap.

But the Canucks still need him to help with minutes with Markstrom. Demko needs the development time in the AHL without being rushed and Miller's cap hit isn't hurting us at all really. Maybe if we moved Miller we could go out and sign a UFA goalie for the short term, but it's just not likely to happen.

Yeah, I don't see him going anywhere this season.  We need an experienced body in net.

If we are way out of it at trade deadline.  Maybe some playoff bound team has a major injury to their starter, and Miller is interested in waiving.

3 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Not saying Miller specifically,  but these teams might be looking for goaltending : Buffalo , St Louis,  Dallas and Calgary. 

miller gave the canucks a 5 team list of places he would accept a trade to...it is common knowledge that he wants to play close to his wife and child in california...benning has said that miller will play this tear for the canucks...he will give demko a year in utica to hone his skills and then move up ...

32 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

miller gave the canucks a 5 team list of places he would accept a trade to...it is common knowledge that he wants to play close to his wife and child in california...benning has said that miller will play this tear for the canucks...he will give demko a year in utica to hone his skills and then move up ...

It certainly will be a teary-eyed season. 

43 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

That's the plan. 

Let me throw this out there.....what if Demko needs more than 1 year in Utica?

Re-sign Miller to a 1 year......Ha ha.....CDC would explode  :bigblush:

2 hours ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

psh zero confidence as  a fan in benning at the TDL. Miller will most likely remain, should be moved but won't be because you know our management sort of doesn't know how to pull deals on TDL. 

Desi, maybe Miller should stay, and even get an extension of a year?  Maybe Marky should be the one traded at the coming TDL, or at the 2017 draft?  Then Miller can be here, to support Demko?  There are some pretty young goalies doing good things now - Murray for example.

1 hour ago, smithers joe said:

Where did i say Miller was going to a specific team? 

It's also common knowledge that guys have a tendency to reconsider their requests when a playoff run is dangled in front of them, and you're not in the playoffs..

Neither you or I can say specifically where Miller's list says he would play,  but I have a difficult time believing he wouldn't consider Dallas if/when JB approached him at the TDL.

Archived