The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pittsburgh Penguins defeat San Jose Sharks in 6 games, to win the 2016 Stanley Cup

Kaner

35 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

If that was the Canucks that just won the cup, I'm sure you'd still be complaining about that 2nd round pick that Benning traded. 

"Canucks just won the Cup, but how is Jim Benning going to do at the draft with no picks???"

57 minutes ago, theminister said:

I have zero problem with Sid winning the Conn Smythe. 

He was excellent in every zone in this playoffs. 

He has become a complete player. 

I was stunned Malkin and Crosby actually playing d and blocking shots? Kessel back-checking?

Clearly Sullivan has been heavily influenced by Torts. He loves the young guys with speed and demands all players including the stars to play in all situations and be 2 way players.

That is why the Penguins won. These are not your older brother's Penguins who run and gunned their way with Crosby and Malkin leading the way to back to back finals 7 years ago against those Detroit teams.

Congrats to the pen! Happy for Bonino, Murray, Crosby and the rest of their guys. 

Finally after years of going "all in" they got what they should be getting more often. Nonetheless congrats to them.

I am just going to put this in, the 2017 Stanley cup champions are the Vancouver Canucks :towel:

Wow, this final sucked, combination full court press and dead puck era trap.

Happy for Bonino, would still  do the deal for Sutter.

Can't believe SJ couldn't counter Pens by dumping the puck deep instead of carrying it in, Sharks stars couldn't adjust and didn't really lay on much body, lousy coaching by Deboer and another no show by the Shark best players.

BTW, anybody notice how both teams were filled with seasoned veterans, only rookie I can think of was a 22 year old Mat Murray, an aberration like Cam Ward way back when? Just goes to show you need 5-10 year vets to win, not ridiculous concepts like teams filled with rookies, you can't win with rookies, only with battle scarred veterans that have been through the wars.

8 minutes ago, newgm said:

Wow, this final sucked, combination full court press and dead puck era trap.

Happy for Bonino, would still  do the deal for Sutter.

Can't believe SJ couldn't counter Pens by dumping the puck deep instead of carrying it in, Sharks stars couldn't adjust and didn't really lay on much body, lousy coaching by Deboer and another no show by the Shark best players.

BTW, anybody notice how both teams were filled with seasoned veterans, only rookie I can think of was a 22 year old Mat Murray, an aberration like Cam Ward way back when? Just goes to show you need 5-10 year vets to win, not ridiculous concepts like teams filled with rookies, you can't win with rookies, only with battle scarred veterans that have been through the wars.

I dunno

i sure heard sheary's name a lot and let's not forget rust

Huh. speed skill and entertaining what a foreign concept oh wait that's was gillis direction you know the one that got to one game of the cup. 

And kinda the opposite direction this club has been going since 2011. ( ownership )

And the exact opposite of what benning is building. He should trade for more third liners 

congrats Pitts well deserved and good for bonino 

15 minutes ago, combover said:

Huh. speed skill and entertaining what a foreign concept oh wait that's was gillis direction you know the one that got to one game of the cup. 

And kinda the opposite direction this club has been going since 2011. ( ownership )

And the exact opposite of what benning is building. He should trade for more third liners 

congrats Pitts well deserved and good for bonino 

You make me want to throw up in my mouth when you speak.

Crosby made play after play after play in all three zones but people get this idea that he's gifted things from the league. If you appreciate the game you appreciate how he plays. He creates for his linemates while also wearing down the opposition and making it easier for others to play.

The people who don't see how Crosby has grown as a complete player are the same people who watch UFC/boxing and just scream for knockouts and don't care about watching the actual sport.

41 minutes ago, The Great 8 said:

They won a cup and he was a big part of that. Did we? Do you really believe we will win within the next 5 years? I don't think so, therefor they won the trade.

You need to stop thinking of trades in terms of winning and losing.

Archived