The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pittsburgh Penguins defeat San Jose Sharks in 6 games, to win the 2016 Stanley Cup

Kaner

1 hour ago, sexpanther said:

Toronto just threw up in their mouth a little watching Kessel hoist that cup!

That extra pump when Kessel hoisted the Cup was saying "take that TORONTO!"

3 minutes ago, Mathew Barzal said:

I don't mind the Pens winning, but they're just a boring team personality wise. I'd much rather have a couple of dickwads like Thornton and Burns win it because they're fun inbetween the whistles.

I love the game of hockey enough that I don't need the stuff in between the whistles to entertain me. I don't get why people need hockey players to show specific personalities. Playing the game well is more than enough for me. 

I thought the entire playoffs was terrific, one of the best. The conference finals were just okay but I enjoyed the SCF. 

4 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

I know we can't talk about players personal lives yadda yadda..

But does Crosby not have a girlfriend or something? You see all these guys with their wives and kids celebrating and he's just there like, Ehhhhh. Sidney Crosby: team captain and bachelor.

I read on hfboards that crosby does have a secret gf named Kathy and she was apparently on the ice.  I've never seen a picture of her though and crosby must hide her in his basement most times.  Not sure why he needs to be so secret about it.  If wayne gretzky didn't need to hide his gf, then crosby doesn't need to.  I've never heard of or seen sid with a gf since he entered the NHL.

today was a good day for sports.

blue jays beat Baltimore and take the series.

brooke Henderson wins the LPGA, beating the #1 woman golfer in the world in a playoff and moves to #2 in the world at 18 years of age. Wow!

...and the icing on the cake...the Sharks lose to Pittsburgh.  Lost all respect for big joe with his disrespectful finger act to Hank and for the whole team after the disgusting diving act in the 2012 playoffs.  it's not that I love Pittsburgh, I just really don't like SJS.

Just now, FireGillis said:

I read on hfboards that crosby does have a secret gf named Kathy and she was apparently on the ice.  I've never seen a picture of her though and crosby must hide her in his basement most times.  Not sure why he needs to be so secret about it.  If wayne gretzky didn't need to hide his gf, then crosby doesn't need to.

Yeah, it's just kinda weird to see when everyone else is with their wives, girlfriends, and or kids. I get the whole gold digger thing and that it might be hard to meet a woman who isn't about only that and fame that comes with, but the rest of the guys seem to find that special someone.

9 minutes ago, FireGillis said:

Woooo I called Pens in 6 correctly!  So awesome to see Crosby win his 2nd cup and Conn Smythe!!!

I had Sharks in 6 I think? Way off lmao. Then again they beat the Blues and they were stacked. The Pens depth was huge and I don't think anyone expect them to perform so well.

8 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Yeah, it's just kinda weird to see when everyone else is with their wives, girlfriends, and or kids. I get the whole gold digger thing and that it might be hard to meet a woman who isn't about only that and fame that comes with, but the rest of the guys seem to find that special someone.

Crosby is dating Kathy Leutner. 

Congrats Penguins!!! 2nd favourite team winning the Cup is an amazing feeling!!! Can't imagine how it would feel if the Canucks won the Cup.

Oh and as someone who is a fan of both the Penguins and Canucks, Sutter is a better player than Bonino.

8 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Yeah, I don't get it. I love crosby, but he's very image conscious and I think goes overboard. Heard a reporter tell one story before about a fan wanting to take a pic of crosby in a restaurant and crosby said yes, but only after removing the beer out of the picture first. Like really, is it a big deal if crosby is photographed drinking beer?

Just now, Nas19 said:

Crosby is dating Kathy Leutner. 

Congrats Penguins!!! 2nd favourite team winning the Cup is an amazing feeling!!! Can't imagine how it would feel if the Canucks won the Cup.

Oh and as someone who is a fan of both the Penguins and Canucks, Sutter is a better player than Bonino.

Oh I see now. Never mind then.

23 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

I know we can't talk about players personal lives yadda yadda..

But does Crosby not have a girlfriend or something? You see all these guys with their wives and kids celebrating and he's just there like, Ehhhhh. Sidney Crosby: team captain and bachelor.

Chris Rock's take on this re: Tiger Woods was the best...

Essentially, if you are young and rich then why would you get married young? You want women? You can get that. You want to have kids? You can pay for that. You want freedom? Don't give it up.

All without the hassle of a divorce settlement and alimony payments up the wazoo. It isn't 1950.

2 hours ago, LaBamba said:

I can't thank you enough, I always wondered 

2 hours ago, Green Building said:

No problem La La La La La La Bamaba

It cracks me up every time. 

Green Building is my go to youtube clip guy, after he found the Bonino in Punjabi call! Was also confused at the Jordan crying memes.... I am old and limited in my internet search ability :towel:

1 hour ago, Down by the River said:

Crosby made play after play after play in all three zones but people get this idea that he's gifted things from the league. If you appreciate the game you appreciate how he plays. He creates for his linemates while also wearing down the opposition and making it easier for others to play.

The people who don't see how Crosby has grown as a complete player are the same people who watch UFC/boxing and just scream for knockouts and don't care about watching the actual sport.

When I was in Uni back in '95 I had a roommate who was a Wings fan from Chatham who used to go on and on about how they would never win with Yzerman as captain, especially since his scoring was down.

Same, same.

It isn't points stats that wins hockey games.

Archived