The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Fluery for Yakupov

Fleury isn't that great Imo. Ya he has great regular season #'s but he is a horrible playoff performer. Almost every playoff game I watched him play he completely capped the bed. I think Yakupov is the most underrated player in the entire NHL. He just needs a change of scenery. Being on a line with Crosby could make the Oilers regret their decisions.

Calgary makes sense to, more so than Edmonton actually. But who will go the other way?

Just now, McHortanen said:

Fleury isn't that great Imo. Ya he has great regular season #'s but he is a horrible playoff performer. Almost every playoff game I watched him play he completely capped the bed. I think Yakupov is the most underrated player in the entire NHL. He just needs a change of scenery. Being on a line with Crosby could make the Oilers regret their decisions.

Calgary makes sense to, more so than Edmonton actually. But who will go the other way?

idk 6th overall and Emile Porier maybe. 

1 minute ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

idk 6th overall and Emile Porier maybe. 

No way an aging Fleury fetches that. The Schneider trade only got us a 9th and that was considered overpayment by the Devils. My guess would be a Shinkaruk type prospect + picks non top 10

2 minutes ago, McHortanen said:

No way an aging Fleury fetches that. The Schneider trade only got us a 9th and that was considered overpayment by the Devils. My guess would be a Shinkaruk type prospect + picks non top 10

He also wasn't as proven as Fleury and Actually at the time it was considered underpayment by the devils. half the people on here lost their minds. 

Hmmm, waive your LNTC to go from 1st to almost worst - but then again, you could ride the bench or (less likely) be sent to the AHL with the 1st place team vs. play virtually as much as you want with the worst team.....hmmmmm.  

Pittsburgh is going to want to dump Fleury very badly to save cap and to ensure they don't lose Murray in the expansion draft. They need to get Fleury to agree to waiving his NMC and then they will be happy to practically give him away. The problem is that he is not likely to waive for Edmonton or Calgary but I guess you never know.

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

Hmmm, waive your LNTC to go from 1st to almost worst - but then again, you could ride the bench or (less likely) be sent to the AHL with the 1st place team vs. play virtually as much as you want with the worst team.....hmmmmm.  

Considering there hasn't been a back-to-back cup winner in almost 20 years, you might want to go to a team where you're going to be the consensus #1 guy and not have to wait it out until management inevitably comes to you and asks you at the TDL if you would waive? 

12 minutes ago, ItsMillerTime said:

Fleury was the best penguin of the regular season.

So you would rather let the goalie who just won 15 games in the playoffs get claimed in the expansion draft? Murray is about 8 years younger and way cheaper so I would think he is the goalie they would like to have exempt in the expansion draft.

As most people know I find most trade here comical.  This isn't bad.....well not the Yakupov part, that's just silly.

But Pittsburg should think about moving Fleury for a number of reasons.  Edmonton or Calgary could sure use him.

The teams could both benefit from this.  BUT I don't think Fleury even considers waiving.

Archived