The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Fluery for Yakupov

4 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Heard Carolina & Pitt want Fleury for Fleury.

This will kick off a flurry of trades, in a hurry.

Don't worry!

55 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

BUT I don't think Fleury even considers waiving.

Would his ego allow him to ride the bench in Pittsburgh?  Or worse,  get bought out and turn UFA when all of the elite teams have little to no more cap room left for him? 

36 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Would his ego allow him to ride the bench in Pittsburgh?  Or worse,  get bought out and turn UFA when all of the elite teams have little to no more cap room left for him? 

There is little chance of him riding the bench. If he does not waive and get traded then he will be the starter and Murray would then have to be the one moved. If they don't move Murray he will almost certainly be claimed in the expansion draft.

2 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

So you would rather let the goalie who just won 15 games in the playoffs get claimed in the expansion draft? Murray is about 8 years younger and way cheaper so I would think he is the goalie they would like to have exempt in the expansion draft.

Fleury would of started each game if he was healthy at the start.

4 hours ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

He also wasn't as proven as Fleury and Actually at the time it was considered underpayment by the devils. half the people on here lost their minds. 

Underpayment? Lol I don't think so. Schneider was a promising YOUNG goalie. Of course Fluery proved more, hes older, And to me Fleury has not performed well at all in the playoffs, so why would he fetch a 6th +

Yak is seriously over-valued by the Oilers. The Pens don't even pick up the phone. Think about it.

The Oil have been losers for ten straight years and you think another team will want to trade for one of their players. 

5 hours ago, McHortanen said:

No way an aging Fleury fetches that. The Schneider trade only got us a 9th and that was considered overpayment by the Devils. My guess would be a Shinkaruk type prospect + picks non top 10

That was definitely not overpayment.  Gillis got robbed and should have been fired on the spot.

3 hours ago, Shift-4 said:

You suck at presenting reasons for your proposals.

That's my thought.

I figured the average hockey fan would understand the reason. After all the Pens did just win a cup with a younger and cheaper goalie. Then do I really have to explain why the Oilers would do it? No, didn't think so.

No matter how much thought u put into a post and no matter how presentable it is there is always someone like u just out for smart as remarks trying to get rep points from another poster like yourself. 

How about some thoughts on the trade? Oh ya I forgot, you only viewed it to make a smart remark, and not to add your thought. 

Thoughts?

Flurry of Fleury chatter on the airwaves today.  Eric Francis from sportsnet Calgary is proposing a Wideman for Fleury deal.  I have never been a fan of Fleury, and would love to have him keep Calgary just good enough to make the playoffs, just in time for him to implode.  Win win.   

Archived