The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) VAN - ARI: Domi

There are two elite players in this draft from Arizona. The Coyotes would love to walk out with either of them. One of them is Mathews, and the other is Tkachuk. They would have a chance to draft Tkachuk at 5th if they trade with us, giving them a hometown hero that the organization can market. It will be good for the organization and the Coyotes. That's what ownership specifically could be targeting.

To ARI:

5th Overall Pick (Tkachuk)

Sbisa

To VAN:

Domi

20th Overall Pick

By acquiring the 5th overall pick, the Coyotes get one of the hometown boys in Tkachuk. The organization and the fan base (as small as it may be) will eat that up. Moving a young guy like Domi who already has great chemistry with Duclair isn't ideal for them, but ownership could make it happen.

The Canucks get a young LW who has already been developing for 2 years and just came off a great rookie year. He has elite skill, hands, vision and creativity to go along with great speed and a great shot, forehand and back hand. He has a lot of bite to his game despite being smaller, similar but not quite the same as Gallagher. He also already has great chemistry with Horvat from their London days.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Like I said, elite skill.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Like I said, he has bite.

He would look great next to Horvat long term. He would be our replacement for Daniel at 1LW and elevate Horvat to a 1C. He's not soft and he fights back, which is what Benning needs in a smaller player, so he could fit in. His offensive ability will also be a wonderful addition to our young group:

Domi - Horvat - Boeser

Baertschi - _______ - Virtanen

Gaunce - Granlund - Etem

_______ - Tanev

Hutton - Gudbranson

Tryamkin - Subban

Demko

Markstrom

Once we add a future 2nd line center and an elite defenseman, we will be in excellent shape.

I'd take a lot more than that to get Domi + 20th overall.

Equal value would likely be something like

To Vancouver

Domi

20th Overall

To Arizona

5th overall

Hansen

Columbus 2nd rd pick

(Note: I don't want to trade Hansen, I'm just trying to think of what realistic value would be)

Airzona's new gm is a stats guy. Numbers is everything.

The numbers don't add up in this trade.

They are given away a proven NHL player with a very high ceiling.

and a 20th pick for

a 5th pick who is still more or less an un known.

and a 5-6 d-man?

This is not a hockey trade.

Go on NHL 2016 see if both sides accept this trade..

18 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'd take a lot more than that to get Domi + 20th overall.

Equal value would likely be something like

To Vancouver

Domi

20th Overall

To Arizona

5th overall

Hansen

Columbus 2nd rd pick

(Note: I don't want to trade Hansen, I'm just trying to think of what realistic value would be)

That's more what I initially thought as well. I think Arizona needs some defensman though, which is why I went with Sbisa. If it's not enough, they can take out the 20th overall pick. Domi is our main target. 

Just now, RetroCanuck said:

To Vancouver

Domi

7th Overall

To Arizona

5th Overall

Edler (30% cap retained)

Grenier

If Hamhuis is willing to re-sign to a one year deal, that is something I would definitely do. 

2 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

To Vancouver

Domi

7th Overall

To Arizona

5th Overall

Edler (30% cap retained)

Grenier

I thought about something with Edler, but his NTC says no. He might be willing to waive it to some other places, but Arizona wouldn't be one of them. 

Just now, Horvat is a Boss said:

I thought about something with Edler, but his NTC says no. He might be willing to waive it to some other places, but Arizona wouldn't be one of them. 

Ya I thought about that. But if you went to him and said "Id like to trade you here" I think Edler would go. He was quoted saying that he wouldn't want to play for a team that didn't want him anymore.

I would be all for Domi, but honestly, Dubios or Tkachuk would excite me just as much.  5th for Domi would be an intriguing hockey trade, and he's further along his development.  I don't think a 5th would get it done alone, and they would probably want either another pick or a prospect.  In the end, Domi doesn't represent a prototypical Benning guy, and I don't think Benning would offer up the farm for him.

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

Ya I thought about that. But if you went to him and said "Id like to trade you here" I think Edler would go. He was quoted saying that he wouldn't want to play for a team that didn't want him anymore.

I understand that. We don't necessarily need to include Edler in a deal to get Domi though, that's just for extra picks/prospects. If we don't have to give up our best defenseman then why should we? Extra picks are great, but we likely won't get anything higher than 20th for Edler, which isn't worth it to me. 

16 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I understand that. We don't necessarily need to include Edler in a deal to get Domi though, that's just for extra picks/prospects. If we don't have to give up our best defenseman then why should we? Extra picks are great, but we likely won't get anything higher than 20th for Edler, which isn't worth it to me. 

Are we in a retool? Edler will be to old by the time the Canucks are cup contenders again and he is already showing his age. Better to get that 20th pick and draft a new kid. Just look at what Benning can do with draft picks. Boeser at 24. Get the team ready to compete in 3-5 years time and go after a cup. I would rather see us get a cup then just playoff contend for the next decade

11 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

thank you for giving me a slight fantasy, but no ways this trade happens.

1, our management has pipe dreams

2. Edler is a stubborn player

3. our ownership will probably step in and say something. 

it will take Tanev to get Pheniox even caring, and don't trade Tanev.

Arizona, not Phoenix:rolleyes:

If Dubois is gone then I'd definitely be all in for Domi.

ARI:

5th overall pick

Sbisa

63rd overall pick

VAN:

Domi

37th overall pick

This allows us to reunite Horvat and Domi, re-sign Hamhuis, and move up in the draft to select a puck-moving defenseman like Clague, Johansen, or Cholowski.

Archived