The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Boeser's value in this draft.

58 minutes ago, GoBoGo53 said:

I don't even know how to respond to this.

How in the world in Boeser better than Connor (direct comparable) or Marner (4 time MVP, never done as an 18 year old). Werenski, Provorov are all better and thats not even debatable. 

Try to stay a bit objective. I know this is a Canucks forum but there is no point in exaggerating reality just to make ourselves feel better.

Boeser broke all records for a Feshman, playing against, not boys, men in NCAA.  Those other guys are the oldest in their leagues, but Boeser is the youngest.  There are no 15, 16 and 17 year olds to pad the stats against.

On June 15, 2016 at 9:47 AM, terrible.dee said:

Holy christ! 

There always has to be a whipping boy (Vey) and there always has to be a "Cody" (Boeser)

You know what he's worth? To the rest of the league? wait for it................A LATE 1st

Exactly what we used to get him, this kid is not blue chipper everyone seems to have decided he is, and his odds of success are no greater the Jordan Scheader's were,

Boeser is not on any GM's radar, and no one is giving us a top 10 pick for him.

Trade him for a top 5 pick!?!?! AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

this^

On 6/15/2016 at 10:18 AM, Cowichan Canuck said:

This is the same as saying Provorov is only worth a 7th. It's just not true.

This is the exact reason why I am willing to overpay for Provorov.

You are beyond wrong TD.

Time will tell,

But I stand by my assessment of him, mediocre to good, not a player to build a team around, would love to be proved wrong, but those counting on Brock to be the catalyst will soon find out what happens when a team pins their hopes on a winger.

9 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

Time will tell,

But I stand by my assessment of him, mediocre to good, not a player to build a team around, would love to be proved wrong, but those counting on Brock to be the catalyst will soon find out what happens when a team pins their hopes on a winger.

I dont see what more Brock could have done this year to raise his value as a prospect and asset to are team. He basically went above and beyond what anyone was expecting him to do. How many other players that didnt crack an NHL roster in that draft did as much as Brock did maybe besides Kyle Connor? 

Id value him top 6 atleast.

2 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

I dont see what more Brock could have done this year to raise his value as a prospect and asset to are team. He basically went above and beyond what anyone was expecting him to do. How many other players that didnt crack an NHL roster in that draft did as much as Brock did maybe besides Kyle Connor? 

Id value him top 6 atleast.

And because we don't have a potential #1RW he's worth at least Dubois/Tkachuk to me which is pretty much a wash. Boeser has more pure offensive scoring (proven against men) so I think he is more valuable as a Canucks need out of the three. 

Laine is the only player outside of the NHL that has a shot that impresses me more than Boeser. (Rodin has a pretty sweet wrister also from his highlight video anyways)

#6 to most teams with more pure scoring/skill depth, in comparison to us, sounds about right though. 

Archived