The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anze Kopitar named New Captain of Kings

With all due respect to the late Luc Bourdon, I do remember how angry I was that the Canucks passed over Kopitar.  Imagine what the 2011 Canucks would have looked like with Henrik, Kesler, Kopitar, and Malhotra down the middle.

I know, hindsight is 20/20... but man, we missed out on a helluva player.

Just now, Spotted Zebra said:

Glad they didn't give it to Doughty

That is who I assumed they would give it to. I'm pretty surprised actually, but I have no idea what either of them are like in the D R or how they are respected by their teammates.

Doughty's game just screams Captain to me (tough as nails, grubby, high compete level, prob best all around dman in the world), not that Kopitar isn't also worthy.

16 minutes ago, Cowichan Canuck said:

That is who I assumed they would give it to. I'm pretty surprised actually, but I have no idea what either of them are like in the D R or how they are respected by their teammates.

Doughty's game just screams Captain to me (tough as nails, grubby, high compete level, prob best all around dman in the world), not that Kopitar isn't also worthy.

Doughty is a whiney b!tch

On June 16, 2016 at 10:49 AM, HKSR said:

With all due respect to the late Luc Bourdon, I do remember how angry I was that the Canucks passed over Kopitar.  Imagine what the 2011 Canucks would have looked like with Henrik, Kesler, Kopitar, and Malhotra down the middle.

I know, hindsight is 20/20... but man, we missed out on a helluva player.

We sure did, when his life was tragically cut short. Imagine Bourdon on that Blueline? Damn, that would have been nasty. 

Rest in Peace.

Any who this is no real surprise Kopitar is a beast and the only Kings player I like. Guy plays good. Real good, some might say.

Archived