The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van-Chi (proposal)

Chi: Hansen

Van: Shaw

Chicago gets a similar player in Hansen to replace Shaw but at a cap hit they can afford. Vancouver gets a way younger versatile forward in Shaw with probably more offensive upside than Hansen had during his career. And at 24 years old fits this core group JB is assembling. Shaw is a RFA and Hawks likely won't be able to afford the raise he is due for.

7 hours ago, Progressive Hockey said:

Chi: Hansen

Van: Shaw

Chicago gets a similar player in Hansen to replace Shaw but at a cap hit they can afford. Vancouver gets a way younger versatile forward in Shaw with probably more offensive upside than Hansen had during his career. And at 24 years old fits this core group JB is assembling. Shaw is a RFA and Hawks likely won't be able to afford the raise he is due for.

I think your trade proposal is fair, but personally I would rather have picks for Hansen.

This is a very progressive hockey proposal 

Shawsie: Probably the most underrated player in the hawks cup runs, this guy does it all, has scored some huge goals in playoff hockey. Agitates and plays tough. 

Hansen however has already shown us he has speed and can play with the Sedins, and comes at a cheaper price. A lateral move IMO. we already have a shaw type player in Dorsett. 

Value-wise I don't think it's too far off, but on-ice I think the team might not have better complementary options for the Twins than Honey Badger at the moment unless they plan to put Jake with them, but there's the question of whether he's ready.  Thing is, guys like Sutter (who I think the team would want manning his own, checking line to help Bo) and Hansen have had success with 22 and 33 because they can skate and create their own shot, while Shaw seems like a banger who can create from in tight but lacks the higher-end skill this team needs in its top-6, so getting him might not be the best move in terms of building a skilled group and playing a style complementary to the Twins.

What's more, Shaw hits almost like Torres, and it wouldn't be good to have a loose cannon like that on the team (J.B. seems to not like guys without character, so I'm not sure how Andrew would fit in here without more of a rein).

1 hour ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

This is a very progressive hockey proposal 

Shawsie: Probably the most underrated player in the hawks cup runs, this guy does it all, has scored some huge goals in playoff hockey. Agitates and plays tough. 

Hansen however has already shown us he has speed and can play with the Sedins, and comes at a cheaper price. A lateral move IMO. we already have a shaw type player in Dorsett. 

They are very similar but Hansen is mid 30's now and Shaw is only 24. And Shaw has more upside still. I love Hansen but that alone should make it worthwhile no?

3 minutes ago, Progressive Hockey said:

They are very similar but Hansen is mid 30's now and Shaw is only 24. And Shaw has more upside still. I love Hansen but that alone should make it worthwhile no?

My only issue is that we have a very similar player in Dors, and the fact that once the Hawks 3rd and 4th liners leave the team, they do not seem to do as well. You can surround Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook with garbage and they will look like diamonds. I love Shaws game, but at this point we need some top 6 guys who can create scoring chances, not sure if Shaw can do that. Plus, what happens when Shaw is up for a contract, do we want to overpay for a guy we already have? 

Hansen has at least 4 good years left and is already glued into the locker room, great guy and he is also tough as nails. Just my opinion but I would probably trade guys like Etem, Vey, Grandund for a player like shaw. 

9 hours ago, Progressive Hockey said:

Hansen is not mid 30's.  His 30th birthday was 3 months ago.

7 hours ago, Monty said:

Seems like a trade that doesn't make a whole lot of sense for the Hawks.

Well they are contending now and risk losing Shaw for nothing. Wouldn't adding a player arguably a bit better for a cheaper price make sense for them? Providing Shaw has priced himself out of their affordability which I think he has.

i wouldnt be shocked to see this trade actually happen, but we may have to add a pick.

Doubt very much Chi can sign shaw for 2.5m like Hansen. But then how much would it cost us? I love the type of game he plays and they have Hartman as a similar type player to replace him game 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived